Recovering deleted texts on my iPhone

(5 Posts)
chickydoo Sun 17-Mar-13 16:19:47

Try syncing your iPhone with your computer, if you backed up recently your texts may have been saved
Good luck

nannynick Thu 14-Mar-13 18:53:25

There is software that claims to be able to recover SMS, such as Dr.Fone. I think the trial version will identify things it can recover, then you have to pay to actually recover the files.

I have no experience with iPhones, so found this having done a google search, seems to have good reviews, but as with any software use caution, do some research to see what others say about it.

NetworkGuy Thu 14-Mar-13 16:42:18

I'd look for an App like the one i have on my Android (thanks to someone on MN, probably NannyNick) which logs all incoming and outgoing calls (duration and phone number) and all text messages (with a user control to vary how long before it is logged, giving you a chance to delete an incoming message if required!)

Of course it's not like backup/recover but at least I know if I lost my mobile on a train or if it was stolen, then any recent phone numbers and messages could be found again in my GMail account, while I contacted the network to disable the SIM and suspend the account (so a thief could not ring up huge charges for me).

Hope you find a way to get yours back. Good luck.

niceguy2 Thu 14-Mar-13 16:07:41

When was the last time you did a full backup of your phone on iTunes?

sunnysunnyshine Wed 13-Mar-13 21:05:52

I've just deleted all the texts my sister and I have ever sent each other on my iPhone... Meant to just delete the last one as I've had an argument with dh and was having a bit of a moan. Is there any way I can get my texts back??

I'm stupidly sentimental about things like old texts and am gutted to have lost 3+ years worth!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now