Printing from an iPad

(9 Posts)

iprint - you don't need it if you google netgear genie and have a netgear router and install the netgear genie on your pc or laptop then you can print to any printer that your laptop/pc can "see" from your ipad.

hth

Hassled Wed 13-Mar-13 12:41:20

Success! Epson iPrint app - I can't believe it was so simple.

LindaL19 Wed 13-Mar-13 12:33:11

hi all!
there are numerous ways that you can print from an ipad
the best way is to print to an airprint enabled printer, see Apples official list: support.apple.com/kb/ht4356
however if you dont want to splash out on a new printer, you could try various apps including print n share which you can find on the app store
i only know this because i use the apps on my idevices x

TwoPoundCharityShopShoes Wed 13-Mar-13 12:31:45

Ooh crosss posts with someone who actually knows what they are talking about blush

TwoPoundCharityShopShoes Wed 13-Mar-13 12:30:52

Go into notes, then write a note, select the options at the bottom and select print, it should give you the option to select printer, hopefully it should find your printer wirelessly and you can print disclaimer i have no idea if this is right or indeed if it works at all because my printer came off Noahs Ark and therefore isnt wireless!
Try that as a starting point though :D

PeskyPiskie Wed 13-Mar-13 12:28:50

You can print from an iPad to any printer (connected to WiFi) that has Airprint capabilities. Airprint is Apple's system to enable printing. I, for example, bought an HP printer from Tesco for about £50 and can now print from my iPad. If your printer doesn't have AirPrint but is connected to WiFi then you would need to look at downloading an App. Look at the printer manufacturer's website, they usually list those that can print directly or link you to a relevant app. Hope this helps.

Paxdora Wed 13-Mar-13 12:27:29

;-.)

Hassled Wed 13-Mar-13 12:25:28

I have been vaguely wondering about this myself so will be watching with keen interest - thanks for posting the question.

Paxdora Wed 13-Mar-13 12:23:31

Hi can anyone tell me if this is actually possible? Please?

I am hopeless at all this tech stuff so wouldn't know where to start.

Our big pc is in an upstairs office, I have a netbook too - both of those I can print off - ie netbook downstairs but can remotely print to the printer in the upstairs office iykwim? I'd like the same ability from my iPad.

We have wifi.

Soooooooob- anyhoooooooo - how can I set up my iPad to print?

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now