tablet - want it to do everything

(4 Posts)
Paleodad Tue 12-Mar-13 14:45:11

if it's an android tablet, install kingsoft office (free from the marketplace/google play), you'll be able to open and edit .doc files.

niceguy2 Mon 11-Mar-13 12:26:05

To be honest tablets are not laptops and as of yet cannot replace them. Microsoft are trying to bridge the gap with Windows 8 but the jury is out and it's too early to tell.

I suspect what is happening is you are downloading attachments such as a word file and because you have a Word READER you cannot edit the attachment.

Buying an external keyboard will make typing much easier. It wont turn it into any more of a laptop though.

aladdinsane Sun 10-Mar-13 20:10:50

Another thing - if I bought the keyboard does it turn it into a laptop or just make touch typing easier?
Thanks in advance for any advice

aladdinsane Sun 10-Mar-13 20:08:21

I have an Asus tablet. I wanted it to do everything I used to do on my laptop but it doesn't. I can't open many email attachments and if I can I am not able to fill forms in. I guess its because the operating system is different
I downloaded the free word reader - made no difference at all
If I buy office word will this do the trick?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now