Microsoft Word 2010 question

(11 Posts)
alcibiades Sun 17-Mar-13 13:35:07

Quick answer, as I'm supposed to be cleaning the kitchen(!):

I use Alt-Tab to switch between docs/pdfs/websites, etc.

You could resize the world doc and the pdf each to half the width of the screen, so they're side-by-side.

BandersnatchCummerbund Sun 17-Mar-13 12:58:57

Oh God, another question - if I don't get replies here I'll post it as a separate thread.

Does anyone know how to make PDFs appear in the taskbar alongside word docs, internet windows etc., in Windows 8? I'm almost weeping with frustration - I want to be able to flick constantly and quickly between a word doc and PDF as I take notes from the PDF document, and I do not want to have to piss about with making it appear in the the top left-hand corner of the screen. I also want, potentially, to be able to display a PDF and a Word doc side-by-side (used to be the function "cascade") and again, there appears to be no way to do this.

Metal Mon 11-Mar-13 22:09:17

No problem. Switching on "use small icons" also makes it look closer to the old view.

BandersnatchCummerbund Mon 11-Mar-13 20:41:33

Yes! Thank you so much, Metal, that does work!

Metal Mon 11-Mar-13 19:57:57

Does playing with the options mentioned on this page help? I guess you want to change "Taskbar buttons" to "Never combine", which is how I like it as well.

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Sun 10-Mar-13 19:20:24

This is a feature of Windows 7 (and 8) rather than with Office.

Personally, I hover over the icon and select the file I want, I find this quite convenient, but you can also flick between windows by pressing the Windows key and Tab on the keyboard.

Bunbaker Sun 10-Mar-13 16:47:56

No it doesn't

LIZS Sun 10-Mar-13 16:41:17

In Excel you can pin them to together by clicking, holding and shaking one next to other , not sure if it works in Word too.

Bunbaker Sun 10-Mar-13 16:36:07

It doesn't work for me. It does it in excel as well.

LIZS Sun 10-Mar-13 16:32:05

It is probably the version of Windows rather than office which has changed it . Restore down each window then take one , click on one holding the mouse down and bring alongside the other.

BandersnatchCummerbund Sun 10-Mar-13 14:28:16

In Micosoft 2007 (or maybe it was 2004...) if you have several Word docs open then all the tabs appear horizontally next to each other on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen so that you can click easily between them. In Microsoft 2010 there is only one Word icon, and when you hover over it all the documents appear.

This is really annoying me when I'm trying to flip easily between docs. Is there any way of displaying them side by side instead? Any tips much appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now