How do I bookmark a post (on a Mac)?

(13 Posts)
ElvisIsKing Sat 09-Mar-13 14:27:17

just want to bookmark individual posts (like you can on the mobile site) on long threads, is this possible using a mac?

Can't find the function anywhere, the bookmark tabs at the top of the screen only bookmark the page (not the individual posts)

Sure you used to be able to do this on Windows, surely you can do it on a Mac?

NetworkGuy Sat 09-Mar-13 20:34:28

I'm using an iMac with Safari and moving the mouse to the lower right of a message text area 'box' causes a 'Bookmark' button to appear when you hover there.

It likely needs JavaScript to be enabled, but it can be done on a Mac just as easily as on Windows - but will be browser and JS dependent to an extent.

NetworkGuy Sat 09-Mar-13 20:35:22

for "lower right" read lower right corner

ElvisIsKing Sun 10-Mar-13 10:41:26

Ah thanks NetworkGuy knew it had to be somewhere, will take a look in a bit!

ElvisIsKing Fri 15-Mar-13 10:45:30

how odd - am using Safari and have checked and javascript is enabled (it is) but the 'bookmark' button doesn't appear when I hover - any ideas?

widowerbutok Fri 15-Mar-13 14:58:55

I am a youtube man..lol...went on to it and asked the question. He talks fast but try this<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0lvplOJu2w">Here</a>

widowerbutok Fri 15-Mar-13 14:59:55

opps...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0lvplOJu2w

ElvisIsKing Mon 18-Mar-13 21:18:47

Ahhhh thanks so much-I always forget about YouTube, the channel where you can learn everything, thanks again will take a look!

ElvisIsKing Tue 19-Mar-13 15:57:48

thanks for linking this widowerbutok but I am actually looking for how to bookmark a post, so for example if there is a long thread and I've only read to the middle and want to 'bookmark' where I've read up to.

Cannot find this anywhere and networkGuy's solution doesn't seem to work!

alcibiades Tue 19-Mar-13 17:48:04

Probably daft suggestion, but have you checked your settings under "Customise"?

NetworkGuy Sat 23-Mar-13 10:29:55

Sorry, had not spotted still being a problem - and top marks to alciiades - I had not noticed that bookmarks may be conditional on what theme you use:

" The following options only apply to the "Mumnset New" Talk style. Changing them will have no effect if you choose "Muted", "Classic" or "Sober" as your Talk theme. "

ElvisIsKing Mon 25-Mar-13 19:50:36

AHA this may be it! Will take a look now, thanks again for posting both

ElvisIsKing Mon 25-Mar-13 21:37:40

finally - it works - needed to change the settings to mumsnet new. thanks to all for posting smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now