currys or amazon for a new printer?

(7 Posts)
milktraylady Fri 08-Mar-13 16:13:17

Thanks for the responses everyone.
Just back from PC world- as I wanted to take a look at the printers in the flesh. I was wondering what they looked like in reality as the canon one is 8kg. And yes it is massive & very darth vadery.
So ended up with an Epson XP-405 in white! it will look lovely & hopefully be a good printer! Paid £10 for a 3 year instant replacement guarantee. Hope that wasnt a rip off? no idea.

UseHerName Wed 06-Mar-13 15:10:56

oh amazon - their customer service is far superior to currys

nickelbabe Wed 06-Mar-13 15:10:40

can you find it that price anywhere else?
an indie maybe?

currys is having financial problems at the moment, so they'd probably appreciate it...

milktraylady Wed 06-Mar-13 15:09:07

Ah that deal looks good I will take a closer look thanks!
And as my dad pointed out Amazon don't pay proper uk tax, so that's a reason to go with currys. (presuming they do)

Would this deal on an MG5350 do instead? you pay a bit more at the start, but you get 3 sets of cartridges, which are the major expense with printers, so you're ahead as soon as you've used up the first set of cartridges.

JenaiMorris Wed 06-Mar-13 08:30:45

The benefit for me of going to Currys/PC World is that I don't have to wait in for a delivery. Ditto Argos.

I don't know masses about printers but have an HP Photosmart 6520 which works fine. It's black and shiny and Darth Vader ish though grin

milktraylady Tue 05-Mar-13 21:55:15

I have chosen a new printer (old HP gave up the ghost) Canon PIXMA MG5450.
it is the same price on Amazon & currys website (£90)
Which one should i buy it from?

Any printer gurus happy to recommend this printer, or is there a better one for the price point? (need wireless, colour, scan & copy, photo printing)

And in typical girly fashion i would prefer a white one to go with the furniture, rather than a darth vader lookalike!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now