currys or amazon for a new printer?

(7 Posts)
milktraylady Tue 05-Mar-13 21:55:15

I have chosen a new printer (old HP gave up the ghost) Canon PIXMA MG5450.
it is the same price on Amazon & currys website (£90)
Which one should i buy it from?

Any printer gurus happy to recommend this printer, or is there a better one for the price point? (need wireless, colour, scan & copy, photo printing)

And in typical girly fashion i would prefer a white one to go with the furniture, rather than a darth vader lookalike!

thanks!

JenaiMorris Wed 06-Mar-13 08:30:45

The benefit for me of going to Currys/PC World is that I don't have to wait in for a delivery. Ditto Argos.

I don't know masses about printers but have an HP Photosmart 6520 which works fine. It's black and shiny and Darth Vader ish though grin

Would this deal on an MG5350 do instead? you pay a bit more at the start, but you get 3 sets of cartridges, which are the major expense with printers, so you're ahead as soon as you've used up the first set of cartridges.

milktraylady Wed 06-Mar-13 15:09:07

Ah that deal looks good I will take a closer look thanks!
And as my dad pointed out Amazon don't pay proper uk tax, so that's a reason to go with currys. (presuming they do)

nickelbabe Wed 06-Mar-13 15:10:40

can you find it that price anywhere else?
an indie maybe?

currys is having financial problems at the moment, so they'd probably appreciate it...

UseHerName Wed 06-Mar-13 15:10:56

oh amazon - their customer service is far superior to currys

milktraylady Fri 08-Mar-13 16:13:17

Thanks for the responses everyone.
Just back from PC world- as I wanted to take a look at the printers in the flesh. I was wondering what they looked like in reality as the canon one is 8kg. And yes it is massive & very darth vadery.
So ended up with an Epson XP-405 in white! it will look lovely & hopefully be a good printer! Paid £10 for a 3 year instant replacement guarantee. Hope that wasnt a rip off? no idea.
cheers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now