I want to buy a Raspberry Pi

(8 Posts)
JenaiMorris Wed 06-Mar-13 08:39:22

I'll pm you (think it might be quite small and don't want to out myself) smile

CuttedUpPear Wed 06-Mar-13 08:32:27

Where is the Raspberry Pi event? My DS might be interested.

JenaiMorris Wed 06-Mar-13 08:26:19

Interesting, thank you.

I'm going to take him along to a Raspberry Pi event soon, see if it inspires him at all.

I still fancy one for me though!

toothfairymummy Wed 06-Mar-13 01:26:54

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

NetworkGuy Wed 06-Mar-13 01:16:53

To be fair, unless someone is keen to learn programming, it's a bit of a Marmite subject, I'd have thought, just like learning violin, or doing ballet !

If DS isn't terribly interested, then it may be a brick wall you're about to hit your head on. I would not 'push' it, and even having programmed off and on for 30 years I don't have one and right now am not desperate for one, but might one day if I get back to having plenty of savings in the bank (that mean I'll be able to get a penthouse in a block being refurbished near me, as soon as they're ready for viewings).

JenaiMorris Tue 05-Mar-13 19:26:35

Ace. I'm getting one for me smile

ProPerformer Tue 05-Mar-13 18:57:34

No experience with that, but just popped on to say my DH has a raspberry pi and my cousin has 2!! They're FABULOUS and I'm thinking of getting one for myself and I've never really been in to 'computer geekery' before!

JenaiMorris Tue 05-Mar-13 18:25:12

Ostensibly it's as an educational tool to be shared with 12yo ds. But actually it's for me because I want to play.

DS isn't terribly interested in geekery but in a stern manner I think he ought to learn about Proper Computing.

Does anyone have any experience of cajoling such a child away from the Xbox and Roblox and towards something less on-a-plate? He quite liked Scratch but was a bit "meh".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now