iPhone and Bluetooth

(9 Posts)
FreshWest Sat 02-Mar-13 21:35:13

I have a photo on my iPhone that I would like to print out. I know our local tesco offers a "send via Bluetooth" option on the self service machines but I cannot work out how I would send a photo using Bluetooth.
Can anybody help?

Theas18 Sun 03-Mar-13 09:56:17

Tried turning Bluetooth on and making it visible and pairing with the machine.
? That's usually how you do it.

Have to say iPhone Bluetooth us a special apple crippled version though and may not work...they've made it work perfectly with apple headsets etc but very difficult to use otherwise, eg I can apparently pair my Android with friends iPhone, but it actually doesn't then allow any use of the connection....

redgate Sun 03-Mar-13 10:01:53

I don't think you can, it is really daft as there is so much you can do with an iPhone! Go to Boots, their machines have cables so you can plug your phone in smile

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Sun 03-Mar-13 10:56:12

With Android phones, you'd select the photo from the gallery and then 'share' it via Bluetooth. Really easy. Can you not do that on an iPhone?

Theas18 Sun 03-Mar-13 11:46:20

Pedro I don't think so- apples "special" blue tooth only does what they want you to do with it!

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Sun 03-Mar-13 13:35:33

Sounds fairly typical of Apple. I wonder sometimes why people keep buying their stuff. It's supposed to "just work" but I'm seeing increasing evidence that it just doesn't work most of the time.

NetworkGuy Mon 04-Mar-13 17:51:34

It "just works" with other Apple stuff smile

Also, "just works" can be interpreted in more than just one way (it only just works!)

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Mon 04-Mar-13 18:08:33

Ah yes, it's that classic Apple advertising again!

FreshWest Thu 07-Mar-13 09:42:46

Thanks everybody for replies.
It seems that the best way round it was to put them on the laptop from the iPhone and then transfer to memory stick.
I went to boots in the end as tesco machine wasn't working hmm it never is.
The lady in boots told me that they do have a facility to use the cable and plug in the iPhone but it takes forever and is quite a faff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now