Replacing screen on iphone???

(6 Posts)
janmoomoo Sun 03-Mar-13 22:42:25

Thanks all. Bit scared about doing the kit job myself. Might try and find a shop to do it. 35 quid is better than buying new phone, and I like my old skool one! Will have a hunt around.

niceguy2 Fri 01-Mar-13 11:39:06

I've replaced a couple of 3GS screens which is very similar.

It can be done and my advice would be to get the screen & digitiser in one unit rather than just the glass screen. It's very fiddly to remove the shattered glass otherwise and you may end up damaging the LCD itself.

It's about £20 for the entire unit from ebay complete with tools to open up the unit.

Then you can go to Youtube and find lots of videos/tutorials on how to do the replacement. It's not actually that hard but the first time you do it of course you will be a bit slow.

But when all said and done you may want to call around some local independent phone shops which can take the hassle for you. A friend of mine was charged £35 for her repair which given the cost of the parts isn't a bad deal for someone to take the risk away.

hatchypom Fri 01-Mar-13 10:09:01

I've done it but its really fiddling and takes hours.

minicreamegg Fri 01-Mar-13 10:08:17

where I stay loads of shops do it, I put mine into the corner shop as the owner even does them too smile

janmoomoo Fri 01-Mar-13 10:05:11

Are there any shops that do it???

janmoomoo Thu 28-Feb-13 22:45:32

Anyone done it? I dropped mine, it still works but the screen is shattered. Its an old iphone 3G which I love, and is ancient so not under any warranty. I have seen kits to do this but wondered if anyone had tried the do it yourself kits, or any other solutions???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now