iPad mini - just Wifi, or wifi and cellular

(7 Posts)
20wkbaby Thu 28-Feb-13 12:19:19

Don't have a smartphone. My technology requirements are quite simple I am just out of the house more than I used to be and would like something more mobile, and larger in size and more flexible than just a phone.

Can you set up a WiFi hotspo on your phone? I've only ever gone for WiFi iPads because I can use my phone's hotspot with them.

20wkbaby Wed 27-Feb-13 15:40:41

Great thanks, that is good to know!

nannynick Wed 27-Feb-13 13:50:23

Get as much memory as possible, is 32GB biggest Apple does?
I have 16GB version and if I load on a couple of movies along with all the apps (games) it starts running low.
iPlayer has a download watch later feature, so you can download when on wifi and watch later when you do not have wifi.

20wkbaby Wed 27-Feb-13 13:37:14

That's something I'll have to think about. I'll probably use it most on the train when I am away from home but I think there is Wi-fi access there.

BertieBotts Wed 27-Feb-13 13:34:19

It means you can access the Internet when away from a hot spot, like you can on a phone. But you do have to pay for this, monthly or pay as you go. I guess it depends how much you think you'll use it.

20wkbaby Wed 27-Feb-13 13:20:45

Total novice here...

So I am thinking about getting an iPad mini but the price with and without cellular varies quite a lot. What are the advantages of having it as opposed to Wifi alone?

Would I be better off spending the money on extra memory?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now