iPad mini - just Wifi, or wifi and cellular

(7 Posts)
20wkbaby Wed 27-Feb-13 13:20:45

Total novice here...

So I am thinking about getting an iPad mini but the price with and without cellular varies quite a lot. What are the advantages of having it as opposed to Wifi alone?

Would I be better off spending the money on extra memory?

BertieBotts Wed 27-Feb-13 13:34:19

It means you can access the Internet when away from a hot spot, like you can on a phone. But you do have to pay for this, monthly or pay as you go. I guess it depends how much you think you'll use it.

20wkbaby Wed 27-Feb-13 13:37:14

That's something I'll have to think about. I'll probably use it most on the train when I am away from home but I think there is Wi-fi access there.

nannynick Wed 27-Feb-13 13:50:23

Get as much memory as possible, is 32GB biggest Apple does?
I have 16GB version and if I load on a couple of movies along with all the apps (games) it starts running low.
iPlayer has a download watch later feature, so you can download when on wifi and watch later when you do not have wifi.

20wkbaby Wed 27-Feb-13 15:40:41

Great thanks, that is good to know!

Can you set up a WiFi hotspo on your phone? I've only ever gone for WiFi iPads because I can use my phone's hotspot with them.

20wkbaby Thu 28-Feb-13 12:19:19

Don't have a smartphone. My technology requirements are quite simple I am just out of the house more than I used to be and would like something more mobile, and larger in size and more flexible than just a phone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now