Where has this come from, and more to the point, how do I stop it.

(7 Posts)
SirChenjin Fri 28-Feb-14 11:12:28

I know, it's a zombie thread etc etc, but the link to whocallsme.com is a really good one - I've now managed to track down the company who's been calling me every day for the last week

HoraceM Fri 28-Feb-14 11:08:07

Just joined to let you all know if this has not already been addressed. Re the "F1 alerts" mine seemed to originate from ORANGE - I was told to send STOP to 177 - I'd already tried the full number without success - and I should get a refund.
H.

WMittens Sat 23-Feb-13 15:08:51

It tells the spammer that they have an active number.

But where the hell have they got my number from

They guessed - they just run through every number (a few times each) and record who responds.

McPheetStink Fri 22-Feb-13 22:21:19

Yes, I figured replying STOP would probably be a bad move

But where the hell have they got my number from confused

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep my eye on that site for more details. What I may do is call my SP and ask if they can do anything.

TotallyBS Thu 21-Feb-13 01:48:18

... don't reply STOP or whatever. It's like opening a spam email. It tells the spammer that they have an active number.

TotallyBS Thu 21-Feb-13 01:44:33

Go to website whocallsme.com and type in the number. Two people have reported this number but so far no one has reported info about who is behind it.

Usually the site can be relied on to tell you who is behind robo calls that go dead when you answer for eg

McPheetStink Tue 19-Feb-13 19:48:56

Suddenly, from nowhere I've got a number sending me text messages about F1 hmm

I've got no idea where they're coming from, or how this app has got my number. I can't find anything about it. Can someone please help, because I've got a horrid feeling each message may be costing me confused

The number is comes through from is 177010009

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now