Excel 2010 book that's good on formulas and functions

(9 Posts)
TotallyBS Mon 18-Feb-13 23:34:11

Top 100 Simplified Tips and Tricks by Denise Etheridge.

Mine is for 2007 though but they may have one for 2010. Two pages per tip with screen capture pictures and clear no waffle instructions.

I need to provide management reports and the above book gives me all the info I need. There are obviously books that covers each 'tip' in depth but I merely need to have a working knowledge of the main Excel functions.

TreadOnTheCracks Mon 18-Feb-13 20:54:41

Thank you all, I will have a good look at those, on line hadn't even occurred to me so I'm glad I asked.

WMittens Mon 18-Feb-13 19:26:17

MrExcel.com is by far the best Excel forum online.

I'm going to have to stick up for ExcelForum then, because I contribute there wink

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Mon 18-Feb-13 18:51:13

MrExcel.com is by far the best Excel forum online. MrExcel himself, Bill Jelen has written several books on Excel which are excellently written. I'd recommend 'Excel 2010 in Depth' for your needs.

TreadOnTheCracks Mon 18-Feb-13 13:27:52

Thank you I will take a look at those too.

WMittens Mon 18-Feb-13 13:22:31

Try something like Home and Learn, the tutorials take you through step by step.

TreadOnTheCracks Mon 18-Feb-13 13:06:02

I will check those out.

I have to do a competency test and need to learn quick!

WMittens Mon 18-Feb-13 12:53:53

I don't know about books (I get bored with them too quickly), most of my Excel learning has come from Google - sites like Ozgrid, PeltierTech, TechOnTheNet, ExcelFox, MrExcel, ExcelForum (have probably used this one the most for asking questions) have really helped.

TreadOnTheCracks Mon 18-Feb-13 12:30:27

Things like find and replace, =average and so on.

I have Excel 2010 for dummies and I love the easy to use format, it just doesn't seem to cover the bits I need.

Any ideas?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now