Ass-hat Met Police virus on my netbook

(14 Posts)
Naoko Mon 18-Feb-13 16:54:28

Wipe it, it'll be quicker.

ivykaty44 Mon 18-Feb-13 16:54:13

I agree with monkey, it was what I did eventually with my PC as couldn't get rid of a virus.

It seemed a bit ott, but it works

Metal Mon 18-Feb-13 16:53:38

I think I got rid of this by starting in safe mode and running a full scan using MalwareByes Anti-Malware

12thmonkey Mon 18-Feb-13 16:49:34

If you are planning on selling it anyway i would just wipe the whole thing.
If you have a re-install disc use that.

Corygal Sun 17-Feb-13 23:43:02

Wail. none of them. I might have another go but it's hard to track what you've done and what you haven't.

Thanks for yours - I'll have a go...

boxoftricks Sun 17-Feb-13 22:38:35

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=rVUOHhCfe8U&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrVUOHhCfe8U&gl=GB

Any youtube videos help?

boxoftricks Sun 17-Feb-13 22:37:27

Oh just re read and realised you might have already done that grin oops

Corygal Sun 17-Feb-13 22:37:21

Done that, box -closest I got to killing it, but it didn't work.

boxoftricks Sun 17-Feb-13 22:34:08

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=met+police+virus+manual+removal&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Have a look here. I googled met virus manual removal x

Corygal Sun 17-Feb-13 22:29:12

Thanks so much. I dont actually need anything on the pc, so I could wipe the lot. What hacks me off most is that I really want to sell the netbook, wh is practically unused, and I dont reckon anyone will buy it in this condition.

germyrabbit Sun 17-Feb-13 22:10:51

have always found geeks2go quite helpful for online advice

tazzle22 Sun 17-Feb-13 22:08:41

oh i empathise ....... had it on pc and it was a b***** to get rid.... and it infects files even if its deleted, I lost quite a few.

Sorry I can't remember exactly how got rid, had to get a special programme and cannot remeber where.

Just wanted to wish you all the best !

germyrabbit Sun 17-Feb-13 22:00:43

oh god we had that and had to call in the professionals to deal with it. sad do you have someone you could call?

Corygal Sun 17-Feb-13 21:59:55

And I can't get rid. The antivirus I've somehow managed to get onto the dear little Dell Inspiron has spotted the bugger but the windows wont shrink down enough to let me press delete.

Grr, and breathe. Have spent 14 hours on the 'electric interweb' on the trusty mac trying to find a fix that works.

Help received with craven gratitude.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now