Word Starter Edition 2010 keeps changing my spellings to American...

(3 Posts)
BertieBotts Germany Tue 05-Feb-13 01:12:08

Even though English UK is set as the language to spell check in! It's really annoying me and I can't work out how to change it. I tried adding US English and deleting it, but that didn't work. Have checked the language settings in Windows even.

I did restart Word between changing the options and it makes no difference. If I pull up the spell checker, it even says at the top "Spelling and Grammar: English (U.S.)" Yet in the options, it clearly shows English (U.K.) as the selected language. confused

If anyone knows how to fix this I would be eternally grateful, as it keeps autocorrecting stuff and I keep missing it, and I'm on an English course, it's not going to look great if I keep handing stuff in with Americanised spellings all over it...

wordyBird Tue 05-Feb-13 15:43:05

I don't have Word Starter, but think you were right to go after the settings in Windows itself. IIRC there are two settings you have to look at.

What about Control Panel > Regional > Keyboard, or Formats and Languages? Are both UK English.

BertieBotts Germany Tue 05-Feb-13 20:00:19

I'm on Windows 7 so region, keyboard and language are all one setting, and yes, it's on UK English there too sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now