Do Galaxy s3 phones talk to macbooks ok?

(3 Posts)

My beloved but elderly iphone 3gs is falling apart (literally..another bit cracked off this morning) and I am dithering between the iphone 5 and the Galaxy s3. I love the look of the s3 but we are a mac household and I have heard that it is difficult to use the galaxy with macs because they don't show up as a disk drive?

How do you get music/pics on them?

Also as as a mac user I am simply not familiar with other operating systems ..it's years since I touched a Windows machine, never used Android either. I'm not an Apple fan boy by any means..and I am not overly keen on the iphone 5 but I need to be able to transfer stuff without a major headachesmile

So.. if I make the switch will I manage?!

ogredownstairs Sun 03-Feb-13 12:17:25

Am a Mac and iPhone user but ds has a Samsung Galaxy as it was on offer; we've never been able to do anything with it and the mac. I'm not very techie though so watching with interest in case anyone knows how!

prism Mon 04-Feb-13 17:29:04

You just install a thing called Android File Transfer and it's a doddle. I have hundreds of Macs but would not be without my S3- I love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now