What do I what?

(6 Posts)
HeyHoHereWeGo Fri 25-Jan-13 11:41:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

niceguy2 Fri 25-Jan-13 21:10:15

It all depends on your budget and if you can stump up any money to start off with.

How about the Samsung Galaxy Note 2? It's £29 per month but the phone is free and you get a decent bundle of minutes etc. The Note 2 is larger than a normal phone but just about still holdable in your hand. But it's an awesome tablet too.

I have the v1 and the v2 is even better. Since i got it, I barely use my ipad. You can give it to the kids as a tablet if you really want to.

Or better still, save this phone for yourself and get them a cheap tablet from Amazon like this one. NatPC tablet Not used one myself but it seems to have good reviews.

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Fri 25-Jan-13 23:14:21

Your budget is key here, but so are your needs. I wouldn't be rushing out to buy a gadget just because the kids want one. If you only use your phone for calls and texts, do you need a smart phone?

If you really want a tablet, then don't waste your money on an iPad, you can get much better for your cash.

At the lower end of the market, the Nexus 7 reigns supreme. If you want something bigger though, perhaps consider the Nexus 10, Galaxy Note 10.1, or an ASUS Transformer.

On the other hand, as niceguy says, the Note 2 is awesome as a top end smart phone. It hasn't replaced my tablet though, I have room for both in my life!

HeyHoHereWeGo Sat 26-Jan-13 12:57:50

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Sat 26-Jan-13 18:17:09

The Nexus 7 does have a headphone socket.

You will likely pay more on the high street unless there's a sale on, Amazon is as good a place as any for the best prices. But always check a few reputable stores to get a feel for the price you should be paying.

HeyHoHereWeGo Sun 27-Jan-13 11:59:33

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now