Tablets

(7 Posts)
Southwest Mon 07-Jan-13 11:06:09

So I had hoped to get one in the post Christmas sales but seem to have failed.
I haven't seen any food offers at all

I thought a Samsung galaxy 10" was the one I wanted.
It really has to be 10"

It is for us to use when traveling or working emails Internet maybe watching films (but I have to find out how to first) and the kids to use to do kid stuff

Does anyone have any comments,suggestions or ideas where I can get a cheap one.
Thanks

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Mon 07-Jan-13 19:00:50

What's your budget, first of all?

TotallyBS Fri 11-Jan-13 09:21:31

Don't you just hate it when someone posts a request for advice and then walks away from the thread.

Southwest Sat 12-Jan-13 01:37:56

Sorry totally I am working away from home and have no Internet access unless I go to a coffee shop and I've had a few too many late nights at work to be doing that this week!

Budget is variable depending on what I get I don't want to spend loads because it is mainly an out and about type thing for Internet games etc (it is for me to use initially whilst working away at work very limited computer access too

I do wonder about the Samsung galaxy 10 inch but then I see u cat expand the memory but I was just in tescoa tonight and I saw the archos 8 inch for 99 pounds but then I'm not sure the screen is big enough

Also I'm worried about buying something really cheap because of the pre Christmas threads on here where people bought cheap ones then regretted it

Can I ask n
Another question about watching tv or films when you do this do you download the film and store it or is it like streaming?
How much memory does it use?
How much of your monthly broadband does it use?

Thanks

Southwest Sat 12-Jan-13 01:39:01

Sorry for typos only have phone currently!

TotallyBS Sat 12-Jan-13 08:26:13

HMV are selling 10in Archos for under £180. It is not the latest technology but it does the job. Whatever you decide on, I find that Amazon.co.uk usually sells it for 10% less.

Re movies, I rent DVDs and record tv programs onto DVD then use the PC to convert and shrink it. I then drag the resultant file to my tablet.

The software allows me to select file size so a tablet viewing size file is about 800mb for a movie.

There are services that lets you download or stream but they normally expire after so many days or after a viewing. For that reason I prefer my approach.

NetworkGuy Sat 12-Jan-13 22:32:20

@TotallyBS - what's the software, as the name would be useful for OP (and me!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now