Transcription software ... Help!

(4 Posts)
Ginshizz Sat 10-Nov-12 19:01:47

Hi,

I am about to do some market research work and I am looking into transcription software to help me out because I am lazy

But I am flummoxed by all the various ones out there so I would love some recommendations. I am happy to pay for good quality and, ideally, I would LOVE software that could transcribe interviews with multiple interviewees ... Does this even exist?

Any help gratefully received as I am a technonumpty

Thank you

smile

Geoffcrapinthehead Sun 11-Nov-12 10:26:55

Have a look at dragon products. I used it a few years ago and it was good but you had to train it to your voice. I believe it has come on leaps and bounds since then and is a very good product, if a little expensive. It's worth a look.

Ginshizz Sun 11-Nov-12 21:01:54

Thank you! Will do smile

ktsutton Mon 26-Nov-12 17:48:45

Hi,

I have only just seen this thread and am concerned that you are going to spend money on Dragon if you want it to recognise different voices. It won't. I have used Dragon for a while now, but only for writing, and still it is not perfect.

I transcribe for a living and that is the old fashioned way, listen and type it up. I think that is going to be your only option for accurate results so get your fingers in trainingsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now