If you HAVEN'T updated to I0S6 thingy on your iPhone is it refusing to connect to your WiFi?

(31 Posts)
HoneyDragon Sat 10-Nov-12 18:29:24

Or is it just me and random other bloke I spoke to today have this issue?

ArthurShappey Sat 10-Nov-12 20:10:32

I haven't updated and my connection to wifi is absolutely fine.

RustyBear Sat 10-Nov-12 20:14:46

My iPhone 4 has connected to five different wifis with no problems at all this week, and I haven't updated to ios6 yet - I'm on 5.1.1

HoneyDragon Sat 10-Nov-12 20:27:02

Arthur and Rusty, which model phone do you have?

Mine's a 4 using 5.1.1 on Giffgaff (O2) with no problems.

RustyBear Sat 10-Nov-12 22:54:11

It's an iPhone 4, on O2, model MC603B, running iOS5.1.1(9B206)

Since Sunday I have connected to my home wifi (Orange), paid-for wifi in a Travelodge, free O2 wifi in a pub on several different days, free wifi in another pub I'm now staying in (bt) and bt wifi in my Dad's house. With the Travelodge wifi I had to login each time before using it, but the connection was there straightaway, and it picked up the O2 in the pub immediately each time (after my first login)

When I arrived at the second pub last night it picked up the wifi immediately (I've stayed here before and it remembers the password each time) and switched to my Dad's wifi when I arrived at his house, and back again to the pub when I came back. No problems at all (except when my sister accidentally unplugged my Dad's bt box!)

HoneyDragon Sat 10-Nov-12 22:56:48

Cheers Rusty. That's helped, 'specially as I could connect to o2 wifi fine out and about but nowt else. Spoken to another IT bod. Turns out I'm not imagining it, but only some phones are affected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now