Wii Games for 7 & 9 yr old boys?

(8 Posts)
WeAllHaveWings Sat 10-Nov-12 22:50:00

Skylanders
Mario Kart
Mario Galaxy 2
Mario Winter Olympics or London Olympics
Wii Party
Fifa football game (we have 09 which we got second hand off ebay last Xmas very cheaply - ds(8) didnt care which one he got, but does play it quite often)
There is also a Sonic racing one he enjoys

PigeonStreet Sat 10-Nov-12 20:11:13

ds (8) loves Mario and Sonic at the Olympics London 2012. It has tons of variety on it so they can play alone as well as a group.
Also a family favourite in this house is Wii Party, lots of short games for 1-4 players. Our 3 year old can play most of them and it is the game most played when ds has his friends round.

kellestar Sat 10-Nov-12 20:04:15

lego ones are good for all ages, they can both play together as well. Any game that interests them.

Mario Cart is also fun and a good co-op game, you can have up to 4 players, I think, it's been a while since I've broken it out.

Eledees is fun and seems to appeal to quite alot of ages. You have to trash the room to find the eledees, it's quite fun, some levels ask you to carefully move things without breaking them. eledees I bought mine in the second hand games store for about £4.

maxmillie Sat 10-Nov-12 20:02:20

Yes, Skylanders is a marketing mans wet dream ( you have to buy figures as well as the game which you use to play in the game, cool I have to admit), but I tell you what every 6/7/8/9 year old boy I know is mad on them. Has the collecting element throughout the year as well.

As you didnt have te first Skylanders game and series 1 figures, perhaps these are a bit cheaper now series 2 is out? ( I haven't looked as mine got Skylanders last Xmas and over the year have managed to obtain all but one of the figures which I swore they would only have a few of ... )

Mario ones always popular too, again different experience to playing on the ds and there are wii only ones eh superm mario galaxy 1 and 2 which are very good.

tribpot Sat 10-Nov-12 19:55:52

Yup - second the Lego games, whichever ones you don't have (although the DS versions are not the same as the Wii versions in some ways anyway). As well as the ones maxmillie has mentioned there's also Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones.

Also seconding Skylanders - good god they are expensive, but ds seems very keen.

maxmillie Sat 10-Nov-12 19:51:41

Just dance 4 and Skylanders immensely popular with my 8 year old ( he has previous ones in the series and is asking for these for Xmas / birthday) - the Lego ones are excellent on the wii for this age group, maybe get a different one, there are loads, batman, batman 2, Harry potter, Star Wars etc.

NatashaBee Sat 10-Nov-12 07:34:15

One of the 'Wipeout' games (based on the TV show)?

missmoffatt2705 Sat 10-Nov-12 07:22:26

We are buying our first Wii as a joint Christmas pressie for our boys. Can anyone suggest suitable games they will enjoy. We already have a Nintendo DS with a few Lego and Mario games so I would not duplicate those - was thinking of 'Let's Dance' as my son has enjoyed that at a friend's house - any other suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now