A tablet question

(31 Posts)
lalalonglegs Wed 07-Nov-12 13:31:59

I am considering buying my children a tablet to share for Christmas. I've kept an eye on the threads here and was thinking about a Nexus 7 or a Samsung Galaxy tab (I am completely ignorant about these things and am in MN's hands, I have no ideas of my own). I liked the Samsung tab as it is a bit bigger and I saw tablet on ebay which claims to be identical to it but much cheaper here. So, is it the same but unbranded or would I be a fool even to consider it?

chocolatespiders Fri 09-Nov-12 12:13:47

Seb- I have read somewhere that games can not be stored on the sd card do you know if that is right. Thankyou.

MrsGrieves Fri 09-Nov-12 12:41:54

I had one of these but in a 7 inch size. I must admit I liked it, although the build quality was crap tbh, it did actually work well (until ds stood on it sad).

I am after a nexus 7 now though, the kindle fire looks good, although you would have to side load apps/flash player.

I think paying more for a known brand is probably better in the long run.

EricNorthmine Fri 09-Nov-12 13:27:27

I am getting the Nabi2 from Argos as it has a mummy mode and children mode so that you can control all the content and us a tablet. Not a known brand here but it has a good market in America.

lynniep Sun 02-Dec-12 11:35:19

just to reopen thread if anyone can help, I had the same questions as op. now answered, have decided on nexus 7. (but waiting until after Xmas in case goes on sale) my question is can you get child friendly cases for tablets? like rubber edged it something? dh wants tablet for our nearly 6 year old who is quite clumsy. I have agreed because in my head twill be mine all mine grin. but I can't bear the idea of forking out 200 smackers if there's a high leakage risk. Ta

ReallyNotTotallyStupidPromise Sun 16-Dec-12 17:56:44

Just marking my place really - still undecided which tablet to buy.

muminthecity Sun 16-Dec-12 18:40:38

I've bought DD a Kindle Fire and it's great, I love it! I've watched videos on youtube on it without any problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now