Blank text messages

(5 Posts)

I got a new phone last week (hTC one x), as an upgrade on my Vodafone contract. This is my 3rd hTC and I like how they work, and I understand the android operating system. However, since I got my new phone I have had at least one blank text every day...it says "unknown" where the number should be, is totally blank, and has 01:00 as the time - no matter what time it actually arrives. I imagine this is more of a network thing, rather than an issue with the phone, but I wondered if anyone else has any idea, and any suggestions on how to stop it?

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Tue 06-Nov-12 23:02:16

No idea on what might cause that, but I'd suggest getting in touch with your network provider and asking them as they will likely be able to help.

NetworkGuy Wed 07-Nov-12 10:20:31

Presumably texts messages from friends etc do work, so it's not just the phone messing with the number+time details/ losing the content of valid texts, IYSWIM...

PS Which network, please ?

Yes, all other texts do seem to be working fine...sending, and receiving with no problems. Am on Vodafone. Got another one this afternoon!

NetworkGuy Thu 08-Nov-12 15:54:29

Best talk to Voda then...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now