Wii/DVD help

(6 Posts)
Bobthatsafunnynameforagirl Sun 21-Oct-12 11:44:18

We are a no TV household (although now we watch everything via the iplayer, it doesn't mean much!) - but last year, bought a physical TV set and Wii for our 2 DD for Christmas. We recently realised we could use this TV for watching DVDs (yes, I know - not very bright ... ) - but when we plugged in the specially bought DVD player which worked fine, the Wii seems to have stopped working, saying it doesn't recognise channels or something.

Is there a tech wizard out there who could very kindly give me some advice on whether I have missed something, or need a gizmo or gadget, or similar? Off to buy some bread now so I am not sitting here expecting instant wisdom to appear, but I would be very grateful for suggestions.

BoulevardOfBrokenSleep Sun 21-Oct-12 23:20:20

Did you move any of the Wii's wiring when you plugged the DVD in?

Is the message about channels coming from your Wii or your TV?

Errr.....Does your TV have an auto-tune function that you could set loose till it finds the Wii?

<runs out of ideas>

nannynick Mon 22-Oct-12 17:32:19

Have a look at the cables and connectors, make sure they are fitting in correctly. Make a note of which connection points they are in on the TV, then select the appropriate input using the remote control - for example, the Wii may be connected via a SCART connector (it's quite big) and be listed by the TV as AV1, or something like that. The DVD may also be via a SCART or may be via an HDMI connector (it's about an inch wide).

Bobthatsafunnynameforagirl Wed 24-Oct-12 13:59:21

Thanks everyone, I will go and try all of the above, whilst scratching head and trying to look like I know what I am doing. Much appreciated.

maxmillie Wed 24-Oct-12 18:12:52

Has your remote got a "source" button?

Bobthatsafunnynameforagirl Sun 11-Nov-12 15:05:25

Belatedly, thought I would let you know that I tried everything here - - and something worked, so all is well now! Many thanks indeed, very much appreciated. Bob.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now