HEEEEEELP! Anyone know how to bring an iphone back from the dead?

(9 Posts)
LadyPlainJane Sat 06-Oct-12 22:12:18

Did you remember to label the rice

LadyPlainJane Sat 06-Oct-12 22:00:22

I think it should not be in an airing cupboard too, but can't remember where I heard that. It shouldn't be somewhere cold though!

WinklyFriedChicken Sat 06-Oct-12 21:51:30

I have heard that an airing cupboard is a bad idea, can't quite remember why - too much moisture maybe?

oldqueenie Sat 06-Oct-12 21:15:06

Thanks very much. iphone is now in a tupperware full of rice.... do you think putting it in airing cupboard would be good or bad idea??

AlreadyScone Sat 06-Oct-12 21:13:45

Mine got soaked too - I tried the rice trick and after 3 days it came back to life. I did try to turn it on after day 1 and it went a bit wonky and started giving me panic messages in Japanese... but 2 days later it was fine.

Unfortunately I then dropped it onto a concrete floor a few months later - no amount of rice could fix that!

Don't bother trying to take it to an Apple store and pretending that you don't know what happened, iPhones have a number of red dots that appear on contact with water. (not that I tried that trick, oh no no no...)

LadyPlainJane Sat 06-Oct-12 21:12:31

To further clarify, you should wait a good few days before trying to turn it on

LadyPlainJane Sat 06-Oct-12 21:09:03

Not looking good I am afraid....
But you could try taking off cover, take out battery, and place in rice or silica gel in a warm'ish place. Don't, whatever you do try an turn it on.

Probably won't work though.

(I had an old nokia survive a 40 wash!)

WinklyFriedChicken Sat 06-Oct-12 21:08:59

Have you tried putting it in a tupperware box with rice to dry it out?

oldqueenie Sat 06-Oct-12 21:04:55

Can any of you clever, technology savvy types pleeeeeease help me?
Ok, so I couldn't find my iphone yesterday evening but wasn't too concerned.... then this morning I really couldn't find it. Began to panic a bit more. One morning out and about without it made me realise how much I need it (shamefully).
Then this afternoon.... good news! I found it. Bad news! I found it in the washing machine... where it had had a 30 degree wash and then languished since yesterday afternoon.
Has anyone revived their dead iphone? If so, how??
<I can't bear to admit it but despite my dss' and dh'smany warnings I have not "synched" it to my pc, largely as I have no real idea what this means....>
HELP!
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now