HEEEEEELP! Anyone know how to bring an iphone back from the dead?

(9 Posts)
oldqueenie Sat 06-Oct-12 21:04:55

Can any of you clever, technology savvy types pleeeeeease help me?
Ok, so I couldn't find my iphone yesterday evening but wasn't too concerned.... then this morning I really couldn't find it. Began to panic a bit more. One morning out and about without it made me realise how much I need it (shamefully).
Then this afternoon.... good news! I found it. Bad news! I found it in the washing machine... where it had had a 30 degree wash and then languished since yesterday afternoon.
Has anyone revived their dead iphone? If so, how??
<I can't bear to admit it but despite my dss' and dh'smany warnings I have not "synched" it to my pc, largely as I have no real idea what this means....>
HELP!
TIA

WinklyFriedChicken Sat 06-Oct-12 21:08:59

Have you tried putting it in a tupperware box with rice to dry it out?

LadyPlainJane Sat 06-Oct-12 21:09:03

Not looking good I am afraid....
But you could try taking off cover, take out battery, and place in rice or silica gel in a warm'ish place. Don't, whatever you do try an turn it on.

Probably won't work though.

(I had an old nokia survive a 40 wash!)

LadyPlainJane Sat 06-Oct-12 21:12:31

To further clarify, you should wait a good few days before trying to turn it on

AlreadyScone Sat 06-Oct-12 21:13:45

Mine got soaked too - I tried the rice trick and after 3 days it came back to life. I did try to turn it on after day 1 and it went a bit wonky and started giving me panic messages in Japanese... but 2 days later it was fine.

Unfortunately I then dropped it onto a concrete floor a few months later - no amount of rice could fix that!

Don't bother trying to take it to an Apple store and pretending that you don't know what happened, iPhones have a number of red dots that appear on contact with water. (not that I tried that trick, oh no no no...)

oldqueenie Sat 06-Oct-12 21:15:06

Thanks very much. iphone is now in a tupperware full of rice.... do you think putting it in airing cupboard would be good or bad idea??

WinklyFriedChicken Sat 06-Oct-12 21:51:30

I have heard that an airing cupboard is a bad idea, can't quite remember why - too much moisture maybe?

LadyPlainJane Sat 06-Oct-12 22:00:22

I think it should not be in an airing cupboard too, but can't remember where I heard that. It shouldn't be somewhere cold though!

LadyPlainJane Sat 06-Oct-12 22:12:18

Did you remember to label the rice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now