Online tv overseas

(32 Posts)
HowsTheSerenity Mon 08-Nov-10 20:04:51

I am moving back to Australia soon and am in despair over missing UK tv. I have looked online and seen various things (such as tv proxy etc) that will let me watch iplayer, 4od etc from overseas. Now I know nothing about any of this kind of thing. So, does it work and is it worth it.

I cannot cope without QI and Mock the Week!!

BigBadMummy Fri 12-Nov-10 09:44:41

networkguy no, you cannot download and watch later on the Slingbox. Well certainly not on the couple that I have used / seen.

Shame

HowsTheSerenity Fri 12-Nov-10 12:50:17

I like this tvproxy thing. Not technical as anything involving cables gives me nightmares.

UKNova is oversubscribed, won't let me join sad

strandedatseasonsgreetings Thu 18-Nov-10 01:46:34

Sorry coming to this late. We use a service called Lamnia which gives us a UK Ip address (or US or possibly Canadian, you can chose). Our broadband is not good enough to watch live streaming so we download stuff - specifcially EastEnders, the Apprentice and Cbeebies.

I don't know the cost but it isn't much and if we ever have a problem we email them and get an answer usually straight away even in the middle of their night.

CheeseAndFriedMushrooms Sat 14-Sep-13 23:33:33

Any updates on these suggestions? Or are they still active?

We use Witopia to access BBC iPlayer from Australia. It does eat up the broadband though-combined with a Minecraft playing Skype talking You tube watching DS we usually use up 150gb a month, which is about $70 with Internode. ABC show quite a bit of UK tv, pretty soon after broadcast, like Doctor Who and Top Gear but that's changing next year I think as those sort of programmes are going to the dreaded Foxtel...

SavoyCabbage Sat 12-Oct-13 13:17:29

This thread is so old! I've got the lot now! Iplayer 4od Hulu US Netflix.

I think there is an international iplayer now that you pay for. It was in the paper for being cheaper than the licence fee.

I'm watching the Bake off and coronation st on YouTube.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now