I want to start a lesbian mothers group in North London...any takers???

(59 Posts)
Tinablahblah Mon 01-Mar-10 19:39:31

I'm a lesbian single mother who would love to meet other gay mums as i thinjk this will be good for me and my kids...i'm friends with three other gay mums-but they live in south london so its hard getting together. If anyone's interested let me know...

Sirena

Tinablahblahblah@yahoo.co.uk

irob1992 Fri 25-Oct-13 15:09:17

Hi!

I'm a third year student studying at Southampton University and i'm currently writing my dissertation on gay and lesbian parents and their experiences. I'm currently looking for anyone that might be interested in being interviewed? All interviews are anonymous, confidential and can be done over the phone, on skype or face to face (should only take up about 30 minutes of your time). Please message me if anyone is interested or has any questions!

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

On Sunday 17th November, from 2pm – 4pm : will be holding our 1st :

"LONDON GAY/LESBIAN/BI/TRANSGENDER PARENTS GROUP" meet-up.

This will be at: Hornsey Vale Community Centre, 60 Mayfield Road, Crouch End N8 9LP
(free on-street parking. busses to crouch end : 91, 41, W7 – bus to venue: W5)

www.hornseyvale.org/contact.html

As a lesbian parent I felt that a designated, safe space was desperately needed; so we could all meet, share our experiences of parenthood, for our children to meet and play with other children, and for parents to drink tea/coffee and chat.

This group is open to any gay parent with at least one child and costs £5 per session.
(This is to cover the cost of the venue hire/drinks/food, toys etc…and can be paid on the day by cash/cheque.)

If you are interested, don’t be shy, please come along and help us to make this a success. It would be great to meet you.

My email is: londongayparentsgroup@live.co.uk

Claire

Moonyoon Wed 02-Oct-13 12:26:56

So... did any regular meet up come of this discussion? If so, would love to meet up and join in. We are based in North Finchley with an 18 month old girl, can travel across North London.

Mjluka - you guys are quite local to us, did you manage to find anything? If not, maybe we could hook up at one of the local soft play areas and see if this is something we could set up?

Sonya

ExpectingOct2013 Thu 19-Sep-13 21:37:05

Hey bubble13. My partner and I are expecting any day now. Baby due 2nd October. She has her hospital bag ready and I've okayed my parental leave so its just waiting now. So exciting! Your little one must be about 6 months now? How was it for you? Was he early or late?
We live in southgate btw. Jo

flacca Mon 16-Sep-13 00:41:40

hi, i have just moved to northolt with my wife and our 21 months boy. we would be very pleased to meet other gay parents. :-)
anna

mjluka Tue 06-Aug-13 22:13:16

Hi, is there a group of lesbian mums meeting up in Barnet (or North London) at the moment? If so, please let me know when/where as I'd like to bring our two daughters (under 2) along.

flacca Mon 17-Jun-13 14:08:28

halle to everyone. I'm an italian doctor and I'll move with my british partner and our 1 and half boy in Northolt in august 2013. it will be great for us and our beloved boy to meet some gay parents there. do you know if is there any group of gay parents in north london area? is anyone interesting in meeting us?
Anna

Bubble13 Sun 05-May-13 02:15:16

Hi Herbies and Mandilinki. My son is even tinier (5 weeks) and am a bit lonely now that my other Half has gone back to work. Would love to meet up with people similar to me. I live in old street but the joys of a moby wrap, a change bag and public transport i can get about quite easily.

KarateChopper Mon 08-Apr-13 23:00:51

Hi, I've started a social networking group for LGBT parents at http://lesbiangayparents.ning.com where we can all meet online and we also arrange meet-ups/events. You are more than welcome to join us. :-)
Claire

Mandilinki Thu 14-Feb-13 05:29:14

Hi Herbies, well our son is still tiny (12 weeks tomorrow), but I'd be keen for a meet-up. It would be good to meet other couples in North London. We're in Muswell Hill.
Are you working at the moment? I'm on maternity leave, so am free most of the time.
Thanks,
Mandi

Herbies Wed 13-Feb-13 19:26:17

Hello

Just wondering if theres a meet up soon or if any families want to meet up? We live in the barnet area and have a 1 year old boy. Most of our gay family friends live in the South of London and therefore we could do with some new people in the North. If any one is up for it then get in touch x

Mandilinki Fri 08-Feb-13 05:58:25

Oh dear, I seem to have lost my message I typed earlier...
I would like to know whether this group still meets up. I came to the very first meetup back in August in Friary park when I was still pregnant.
I have been in hibernation for a long while, as I had complications in my pregnancy from 7 months. But our precious baby son is now with us and is 11 weeks old and healthy!
I would love to come to the next meetup.
Thanks, Mandi

Joelleharley Thu 10-Jan-13 09:37:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

instructor Mon 24-Dec-12 13:22:09

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Anitachildminder Mon 19-Nov-12 08:27:05

Hi ,
Me and my partner have been tracking this forum as would like to meet other mums or mums to be , if get a minute to reply ...thanks

Anitachildminder Fri 16-Nov-12 19:34:17

Is this group still meeting up?
My and my pregnant partner would like to join!

anasouza Tue 13-Nov-12 04:16:41

Hi we are two lesbian mums we got two girls one is 7 years old and the other nearly one year old, we live in northolt and we are really looking forward to meet other other couples with kids, we have never met any before, so we would like it if we could make some friends same as us. Let us know if you interested in meeting up. Ty

mamb Sun 11-Nov-12 22:19:43

Dear Wonderful Mothers,

I am a Developmental Psychology student currently pursuing a Masters of Science at University College London. For my research project we have to observe a new born infant to see any developmental changes such as movements and sleep patterns, milestones etc. I identify as a lesbian woman and would love to observe two mothers with their child. This would be such an added bonus and such an enriching experience. If any mothers are interested kindly contact me at 07931196715.

Every student is CRB checked and I would love to provide any further information smile

look forward to hearing from you.

n10mom Fri 14-Sep-12 21:12:11

Hi,

Me and my partner have a 4 year old boy and a 7 and half month old baby girl and would love to meet gay parents just like us, to show our children that there are other families just like theres out there.

we would love to meet next time you guys meet.

x

Anitachildminder Sun 02-Sep-12 22:39:01

Hi are you planning to meet up regurally?

My partner is almost 4months pregnant and we already do think about meeting up mummies with babies or expecting soon.

RainbowFamilyFinder Tue 21-Aug-12 13:30:46

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Anitachildminder Sun 19-Aug-12 15:54:22

Why , my apologies but what wrong did Ido?

pixiewitch Thu 16-Aug-12 21:15:42

I'm really happy to hear about the new pregnancies. You are all more than welcome to Join us when we met next. It was our first meet up but hoping it'll be the first of many...

I'll post details closer to the time.

Pix
x

MamasMrs Thu 16-Aug-12 17:16:57

This group sounds like a great idea. We're only 9 weeks pregnant but, having read some NCT and NHS Antenatal class horror stories, we're already very up for joining you. Tufnell Park is home and Hampstead Heath is our usual park outing. This may be me making a terribly stereotypical assumption, but the groups of yummy mummys skipping around the heath do mainly look like they're heading home to their menfolk. Would be great to be able to do this with a group where we don't have to come out every time we meet new people. We'll keep an eye out for details of the September outing.

LesbianAuthor Tue 14-Aug-12 14:26:15

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now