West London Lesbian Mums Group

(46 Posts)
shan17 Tue 25-Sep-07 12:18:34

Hiya, four families met up in Kew Gardens on Sunday, and three more families could not make it but are interested.
It was great.
I am trying to get a group going to meet once a month, so if you are interested, please email me at fabulyst@hotmail.com. I am away Sept 29th to Oct 16th but will respond before I leave or when I get back.
Shan x

KarateChopper Tue 09-Apr-13 16:46:26

Hi,
Just to let you know, I have recently started a social networking website for LGBT parents http://lesbiangayparents.ning.com where we can chat on the forums etc and we also arrange meet ups in various places. Oh, and it's free for you to use. smile
Claire

HandyHerPlumbing Thu 06-Dec-12 21:29:16

Hi. I live in Pinner and would really like to expand my 'local' social network in terms of weekend time with a just-turned-seven daughter. More adult time in the evenings would be a welcome addition! Anyway. Anything planned?? Thanks.

nataliejc77 Thu 01-Nov-12 06:21:09

Hi,
I would also be keen on joining the group. I have a three month old boy and live in ealing.

AnnaArt Sun 28-Oct-12 11:21:55

Hello,

This is the first time that I have been on this website, and I must say how warming it is to know that there are many lesbian families out there! My partner and I have been together for almost five years and we are having a civil partnership in December 2013. We want a family and have been looking into ways to go about this, covering all areas available to us. We are slightly overwhelmed with the options, and whether they will work. I have been meaning to join this site to look for other lesbian/bi couples who are starting with their own families, or indeed thinking about doing so. Is there anyone out there closer to Clapham?? Otherwise would love to meet groups in South West London...is the group still meeting at Kew Gardens/Ealing area?

Thank you and take care
Anna

RainbowFamilyFinder Tue 21-Aug-12 13:33:58

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

LesbianAuthor Tue 14-Aug-12 14:27:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Fostra Thu 28-Jun-12 23:20:41

Hello,

We are a fem. couple going through our first insemination. Would love to hear from you and to meet with other couples.

Fo x

pixiewitch Fri 11-May-12 21:26:15

Hi everyone - We are also expecing our 1st baby in June & live in North London. We drive & are happy to travel to meet up with other similar families/people.

Has anyone met up from this thread?

I've also heard of an East end London group that meets on a Sunday, but we've not been yet.

Would be lovely to hear from anyone interested?

Pix

Fahieballard Thu 10-May-12 19:06:30

Hey queen of the fairies we are civil partnered and starting a fam, it's due in dec, we are also in colchester, which part are you??

queenofthefairies Sat 18-Feb-12 21:38:55

Unicorn- where in Essex are you? We are currently in Colchester.

tricky77 Tue 10-Jan-12 17:24:40

Hi there,

Have just stumbled across this thread on my hunt for same sex families in West London!
I am currently pregnant with our first (due in July) and my partner and I are moving to Ealing, West London soon and would love to get in touch with any other local same sex families.
Would love to hear form you,x

hester Wed 20-Jul-11 22:21:23

How about a get-together over the summer holidays? Perhaps in one of the big parks: Richmond, Kew, Bushy?

sanfran Wed 13-Jul-11 13:37:41

Hi ya live in west London and would love to meet up with gay mums or dads!!! We have 21mth old twins and am going stir-crazy!! Also have 15yr old son. Don't know whats worse teenagers or toddlers!!! My moby is 07412519072 or email Donnabowers1@hotmail.co.uk hope to hear from some adult conversation soon. Take care don x

Milli1011 Tue 12-Jul-11 09:38:50

Hello everyone,

Lots of activity in this thread, but not necessarily recent...Quite a few lesbian mums out there it seems.. My partner and I are having our first baby at the end of September - has anyone got any meetings planned in the future?

Thanks lots,

Milli

DiannaA Mon 21-Feb-11 11:17:48

Hi

I live in West London.

I have two kids.

I just come out to my daughter(13)...she took it I guess...ok.
But still I can see worries in her eyes thanks to their father way of thinking and talking.

I would like to meet other parents.

WHen are you having next meeting?

CharlieAnthropologist Mon 31-Jan-11 17:22:45

Hello,

My name is Charlotte and I am currently doing my Masters in Social and Cultural Anthropology at University College London. The topic of my dissertation is looking motherhood, at how it is perceived and conceptualized by lesbians. I am also interested in what the perceptions and images of the family – their structure and organisation – are.

Lesbian motherhood has been very rarely discussed within British academic literature and is therefore very underrepresented in the study and discussion of motherhood. I would like to change that by giving lesbian mothers the chance to voice their views, experiences, and opinions on what it means and entails to be a mother. This study will be a chance to bring about new definitions and views on motherhood.

For this project I am looking for mothers who are happy to participate in a couple of interviews – about 1 hr in length – and some focus groups – also about 1 hr in length. It would also be of great value to me if I could come and simply observe during the meetings or family life. All information and personal details will be kept confidential.

Please let me know if you are happy for me to attend the group meetings and/or if you know couples who are willing to be part of this study. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me either via email (charlotte.natter.10@ucl.ac.uk) or phone (07513051425) or contact my supervisor Dr. Jennifer Randall (Jennifer.randall@ucl.ac.uk).

Best,
Charlotte

Gigglemite Wed 29-Dec-10 21:38:50

Hello,

We've just moved here from the US and wanted to find other same sex families to meet up with. We are located in SW London. Is there a group that does meet on a regular basis?

Thanks,
Shannon

om Sun 29-Nov-09 08:06:39

Hi, vixonb!

Don't know if you're still interested in forming a baby and toddler group, but I'd be happy to meet up and discuss - in SW London, but happy to travel. My email address is jessica.stclair@gmail.com Thanks!

vixonb Tue 29-Sep-09 09:57:52

Hi there, I've got a 6 month old daughter and would love to meet any fellow gay mums in the area to chat to and possibly form a gay mum baby and toddler group and website to set up meetings etc. west london

sanfran Mon 27-Jul-09 16:14:01

hi secret, we would love to meet up. just up the road! my email is donnabowers1@hotmail.co.uk. take care don x

Unicorn1521 Sun 26-Jul-09 23:00:42

Hi Secret, we would like to meet up during the school holidays.

secretme2 Sun 26-Jul-09 08:17:05

Hi All, anyone up for meeting in the next few weeks? x A

sanfran Wed 22-Jul-09 09:16:58

hi unicorn, perhaps i could give you my email and we could chat on there! donnabowers1@hotmail.co.uk. take care don x

Unicorn1521 Tue 21-Jul-09 17:30:38

Hi there! That would be great. Yes we are in Essex but we don't mind travelling, we have a car but are also right near the tube line. We could even meet up in London somewere if that is good for you.Blessings

sanfran Tue 21-Jul-09 11:52:21

hi unicorn, we"re expecting twins in nov, would love to meet up for coffee! we"re middx/west london borders. did you say your in essex? Don x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now