Looking for a signpost (sorry!)

(3 Posts)
reallylovechocolate Sun 08-Sep-13 12:10:16

Hello. Apologies for posting here- I don't know quite where else to go tbh and hoping that someone here might have been through what I've been through and maybe set me off in the right direction. I won't bore you with too much detail I promise.

I'm a single mum to 3 young kids, in my mid 30's. I separated from their dad over a year ago due to his completely unreasonable behaviour. I'm happy with this situation.

I've been doing meditation etc- which just increases your awareness of well...everything! And I've had a bit of an epiphany over the summer. I think I might be more inclined towards being a lesbian than being straight. I've never had a relationship with a woman (despite always having found women more attractive than men) and am not the type to go off 'experimenting' sexually as I think that sex should be within the context of a loving relationship.

I know I sound a bit stupid. I FEEL stupid. I've got gay/lesbian friends but I don't feel like I can talk to them as they are a) younger without kids b) some of them can be a bit judgemental about other people's sexual preferences and c) what if I'm wrong?!

What I really feel I need to do is talk to someone about what is going on in my head. But I don't know where to turn to really. I'm on benefits so can't afford to see a counsellor and don't know if that is the right track to be going down anyway. I'm clutching at straws and hoping that someone here might have had a similar experience and perhaps can point me in a general direction/towards an organisation that might be able to advise me.

Thanks for reading if you got this far smile

ashleysilver Sun 08-Sep-13 17:20:37

Hi RLC, I haven't had a similar experience myself, but would suggest you start off by phoning Lesbian & Gay Switchboard 0300 330 0630. They might be able to point you in the right direction.

reallylovechocolate Sun 08-Sep-13 18:30:41

thank you ashleysilver smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now