Any gay/lesbian parents in the Wimbledon area?

(13 Posts)
nifkinuk Mon 17-Dec-12 19:51:37

Hello all,

We are a lesbian couple, living just down the road from Wimbledon.
We have a beautiful little baby girl called Lilly who is 9 months old.

We know one other gay couple in the area with 2 kids, but they are now considering moving to Brighton out of fear that their kids will not fit in the local schools and also lack of other gay parents in the area.

That made us think that we should meet other gay couples and share experiences and show our kids they are not alone in this minority family unit. We refuse to believe there are no other gay families in this area and we are on a mission to meet with as many of you out there as we can.

Does anyone know of already existing groups in and around Wimbledon? If you are a gay parent living in the area, would you be interested in coming along if we organise a meet up?

Looking forward to your comments
Nelly

Katie265 Sat 05-Jan-13 15:10:50

Hello,

We are a lesbian couple living in tooting and would be happy to join a meet-up in the area. We have a one month old and are quite new to the area so really keen to meet others in a similar situation.

Katie

Devora Sun 13-Jan-13 23:00:36

We're Teddington, so not a million miles away - but not on your doorstep either smile

sanfran Fri 18-Jan-13 16:35:16

Hi ya we're in addiscombe , just by Croydon!!! So tooting not far for me, we've just moved here so don't really know anyone, be lovely to meet up . We have 3 yr old boy/ girl twins don x

Kikadee20001 Fri 25-Jan-13 21:57:52

Hey we are a lesbian couple in Sutton, I have a three and four year old and would be more than happy to meet up with other parents

sanfran Sun 27-Jan-13 19:48:02

Hi ya kikadee, be good to meet up. My email is donnabowers1@hotmail.co.uk. We're in addiscombe !!!! Have 3 yr old twins x

Earl Fri 08-Feb-13 16:00:14

We are a lesbian couple living in Earlsfield, it's great to see other local mum's in the area! We are not parents yet, but are planning to be. Will keep an eye on this thread smile

Kitjo Mon 18-Feb-13 07:44:49

Yes we are Wimbledon! We have our children at school here too. We are happy to come to a meet up.

Sayroo Wed 20-Mar-13 16:57:58

Hey everyone, I've got a 7 year old and we are in Wimbledon. Would love to meet up/chat with other parents! And find kids of a similar age for my son to get to know.
Xx

Kitjo Tue 26-Mar-13 20:32:54

That's great, our son is 7 too and daughter 5, so perfect age to be company for one another. We are happy to meet anywhere.

Foxwithcub Fri 05-Apr-13 14:37:34

Hi, my partner and I have two boys, 2 years old and 11 months. We're in Wimbledon and are definitely up for meeting. I'll email sanfran!

KarateChopper Sun 14-Apr-13 11:07:12

Hi,
I have recently started a social networking website for all us LGBT parents to make it easier for us to meet other like-minded people http://lesbiangayparents.ning.com
Feel free to use it as a base for organising meet-ups, we have an events page as well as forums etc.
Pop a long and have a look - it's free :-)
Claire

Samb123 Sun 21-Jul-13 19:05:39

Hi Im in Sutton my daughter is 4mths I would love to meet up. Sam

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now