Paying a sperm donor from pride angel

(20 Posts)
lesbomums Mon 08-Oct-12 19:00:58

Hello all,

I'm after some advice - we have found a donor which we like to donate sperm to us. He has asked for £250 and £20 each time payment. I know this isn't pride angel policy. He tell us he has donated before and this is the arrangement he had..successful outcome from previous donation.

I guess my query is have you paid for your sperm? Ether from pride angel or other.

Thank you for your help and advise smile x

kandle Mon 08-Oct-12 20:49:52

Hi,

We have a beautiful 18 month old daughter conceived through AI after meeting a smashing donor on tadpole town and money was NEVER mentioned.

I would be very very wary of this man. Donating sperm is an amazing thing to do should never be about money (I think it's different if you go through a clinic). I think it would be difficult explaining this to you resulting child.

Wishing you all the luck in the world

xx

lesbomums Mon 08-Oct-12 20:55:52

Thank you kandle.

Will bear this mind. And have a look at tadpole!

Xx

rhetorician Wed 10-Oct-12 23:04:00

I'd be wary too for all sorts of reasons; we used a known donor so different set-up, and we paid reasonable expenses (e.g. expenses he wouldn't have incurred if he wasn't donating on a given day/days), so parking, petrol, that kind of thing

Never pay a donor more than expenses shows there in it for the wrong reasons.

nataliejc77 Tue 16-Oct-12 06:27:52

I concieved using prideangel. Money was never mentioned. I would personally find another donor

wrighty2010 Fri 19-Oct-12 10:44:07

I agree, you shold only pay reasonable expenses nothng more, it s wrong to ask for anything else. If you are nhappy with what they are asking then I sggest reporting them to Pride Angel, they can contact him for you. Unfortantley, not everyone does this for alturisitc reasons! xx

V1980 Fri 04-Jan-13 00:32:08

Tadpole is full of men wanting to have sex, I have had very bad experiences on the tadpole website and wouldn't touch with a barge pole.
On the contrary I am still registered with Pride Angel and have met an amazing sperm donor. Things are going well and the future is once again exciting. Use your comment sense it goes a long way !

lesbomums Wed 23-Jan-13 09:24:49

Just to update you all....we did not use the donor who asked fir payment.

We have found another donor who is lovely and not asking for payment, in fact we are going to have him involved.

First insemination in March....wish us luck smile and thanks for your advice (super as always)

Lins282828 Tue 29-Jan-13 17:56:02

Good decision. It's actually illegal to pay/accept payment for sperm (although it's fine to cover the donor's travel expenses etc.). We found a donor on Pride Angel and insemination was successful second time - so I can recommend it! Good luck.

claremasham Fri 28-Jun-13 13:33:33

We have used Pride Angel in the past, it too is full of men wanting to have sex but posing as "genuine donors, here to help". We would research all our donors before meeting them and unfortunately all the heterosexual men who contacted us were active on cuckold/sex/dogging sights. It was a complete nightmare and extremely upsetting. These donation web sights should be regulated, at present there is no requirement to show proof that donor Y is who they say they are. This is potentially very dangerous and exploits vulnerable women and couples desperate for children.

lesbomums Mon 08-Jul-13 09:17:38

Just another update, we are 20 weeks preggo using a lovely gay donor from pride angel...first time success smile

Congratulations! smile

DrMcDreamysWife Mon 08-Jul-13 09:26:14

Congratulations lovely news.

CLJ3772 Sun 21-Jul-13 14:26:45

I used a donor for my son and money was never mentioned. I paid for travelling expenses nothing else.

ecca Sat 28-Dec-13 21:06:25

We have just found our sperm donor on Pride Angel, its early days but we are convinced we have found a great guy. We have already met his family and he has met ours. He will act as a uncle figure role, and we would be happy to cover his expenses for travel and accomadation etc. Although to this day we have not paid him anything in fact we have spilt costs for meals when getting to know one another. From our point of view, it is a joint commitment. However anyone asking for large payments or sex I would give a very wide birth as they are in it for the wrong reasons.
Finding a sperm donor can be classed in a small way as finding your partner, its doesn't happen overnight and you may have to contact a few along the way. Ultimately you have to remember that 50% of the genetics of your child will come from this donor.
Fingers crossed and good luck to all x

hbmelon Sun 05-Jan-14 20:41:50

Hi, we are currently looking on Pride Angel for a donor. Did those of you who used this site do home insemination or use a clinic?

ecca Sun 05-Jan-14 20:55:44

Hi hbmelon
We are going to opt for home insemination, as we wish for the procedure to be less clinical and just involve the 2 of us in an intimate personal manner. I appreciate that everyone's opinion and reasoning for why they choose for AI or a clinic will be different.
Good luck finding your donor

Penpen1983 Tue 26-Aug-14 22:09:45

Hello
My partner and I are hoping to start a family and have been looking on pride angel, tadpole town etc. I was hoping you could get in touch and tell us a little more about your experience? We would love to hear from you.
Or could you put us in touch with your donor... It's lovely to hear you have been so successful.
Finger crossed you get in touch :-)

ecca Tue 26-Aug-14 23:07:53

We have found a donor on pride angel, we have now drawn up a donor agreement and have inseminated twice. First time unsuccessful, second time well I am now waiting smile.
We found the whole experience refreshingly simply and easy in terms of contacting donors. We cant compare to other websites as we have only used this one.
Best of luck
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now