Conception books for the 'other' mother?

(4 Posts)
jellyjelly Fri 03-Feb-12 17:16:42

Can anyone recommend a positive guide to conception/birthing for the non bio mother. We have read one book recently and found it to be odd and terribly negative.

Suggestions appreciated. Thank you

Reiltin Tue 12-Feb-13 15:44:53

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but I bought my wife a book calledConfessions of the Other Mother. She highly recommends it. N

kandle Sun 24-Feb-13 19:33:08

Mmm, I have been looking for over a year and can't find anything that I can relate to. I found the above book tended to stereotype and the women speaking saw themselves as "lesbian fathers" who took on a slightly distant bread winning role rather than seeing themselves as two mum's parenting together.

I haven't even been able to find a blog or twitter discussion, so if anyone else knows of any I'd love to hear about them.

K

SXB78 Tue 26-Feb-13 21:27:23

Hi,

I found the same thing - a real dearth of info out there. In fact, in order to tackle this, I've started my own blog along these lines. Do feel free to have a look if you want: www.mamanotmummy.blogspot.co.uk

I'm certainly no expert, but thought it would be good to get something out there.

Hope this helps

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now