Any LGBT families in Buckinghamshire or London?

(50 Posts)
Peaka Fri 03-Feb-12 10:09:41

My daughter is 3 and is beginning to notice differences between our family and other families at her school. I feel it would be good for her to meet other children with same sex parents, as right now she feels like the only one.

We are based in High Wycombe, is any one interested in meeting up for a play date?

Shmumty Tue 01-May-12 10:04:39

Pixiewitch, a few gatherings in North and East London:
- ELOP in Walthamstow: Parents, Babies & Toddlers - every Thursday 1030-1230 - £2.50 for adults (free for kids).
- Rainbow families: every first Sunday of the month, 159 Mile End Road 1400-1600. You don't have to have a kid to come to this one, pregnant and thinking of getting pregnant welcome too!

All friendly bunches, come along!

Chica1912 Tue 01-May-12 10:47:54

Do we need a plan B in case this deluge continues???

hev2010 Tue 01-May-12 20:20:16

Was thinking the same! Although I'm keeping my fingers crossed that normally by mid afternoon the weather has improved!

We are happy to have people at ours if that is a good place to meet? Or what do people feel about soft play areas?

OctoberOctober Thu 03-May-12 22:52:08

Just coming on here to say that we're looking forward to meeting up at the weekend, hopefully we won't get washed out! I'm sure we'll be the ones freezing around a mug of hot chocolate whilst the LOs are blissfully unaware running around the park smile

Not sure that we'd personally be able to do much other than clamber around in a soft play area, DS wants our full on attention there - looking forward to the stage when I can actually have a coffee in peace there! But it would be better than getting poured on in the wet and might suit others better?

OctoberOctober Thu 03-May-12 22:55:05

PS Sophie - hope you can make it

Chica1912 Fri 04-May-12 18:15:34

On my own with the boys tomorrow as my partner has to work sadly. See you there!!

Clubhands Fri 04-May-12 19:35:35

Finally, someone else in North London, hoorah! My partner and I have a son and most of our friends have kids, but are all in hetrosexual relationships.

Are you attending an ante natal class? We attended our local NCT and stuck out like a sore thumb initially, but actually made friends with a couple who should be friends for life out of the group!

If you want to meet up before the baby is born, it's always nice to talk to those that have been through it! Otherwise, post again when you feel ready.

Regards,

Sophie

Clubhands Fri 04-May-12 19:38:36

Yes, we are coming to the park but there is NO point in us going to soft play as our boy also demands our contstant attention. If you all would rather go to soft play, then please feel free, otherwise we are happy to stick to the original plan.

Sophie

OctoberOctober Fri 04-May-12 21:44:57

Weather looking better for tomorrow now, hopefully see you in the park!

Pm if you want to swap numbers to help meeting up

Clubhands Sat 05-May-12 11:38:49

Hi all, weather is still pants! We're around an hour a way. Any nice places to meet for lunch or a cuppa?

OctoberOctober Sat 05-May-12 12:35:36

We can always decamp to a coffee shop on the high street - its chilly!

We're just in marlow now to have lunch beforehand.

Clubhands Sat 05-May-12 12:42:55

As are we in Marlow for lunch! Aside from the chill the weathers nicer than on our journey here. Funny if we end up eating at same place!!! See you at 2!

OctoberOctober Sat 05-May-12 13:21:23

We're in Pizza Express - unimaginative but reliable with kids!

piglet72 Thu 12-Jul-12 18:05:17

Hi guys, I know this post is a little old but pixiewitch and I are arranging to meet up on the 5th August. Think it will be in Barnett. So if anyone fancies it drop one of us a line
Px

LesbianAuthor Tue 14-Aug-12 14:27:15

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

RainbowFamilyFinder Tue 21-Aug-12 13:45:14

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

emilina2012 Fri 07-Sep-12 08:10:10

My daughter is 3 and is beginning to notice differences between our family and other families at her school. I feel it would be good for her to meet other children with same sex parents, as right now she feels like the only one.

We are based in High Wycombe, is any one interested in meeting up for a play date?

Just seen this msg, My little girl is 3 and also in the High wycombe area. Would love to meet for play date. Or with any other mums in the area ??

hev2010 Fri 07-Sep-12 08:25:41

I have a 3year old boy and live in Maidenhead. We would love to meet for a playdate! I have contact numbers for others on this thread so can maybe all get together again.

emilina2012 Fri 07-Sep-12 09:32:11

That would be lovely. My little one starts nursery next week and does afternoons but free most mornings and Saturdays are good. In Chalfont area. What is a safe way to pass contact details?

Chica1912 Sat 08-Sep-12 19:45:54

Heather I've lost everyone's numbers as I had an unfortunate incident involving my phone and a toilet! I've still got the same number but I hadn't backed up my phone stupidly so lost all my numbers... would love to meet up again H x

hev2010 Sun 09-Sep-12 19:54:09

Saturday seemed best for meeting up for most people as some work full time. Emilina, I'll PM you my mobile number if you then text me I'll have yours and we can try to organise a get together. Heather, whoops!, I'll txt you my number.

OctoberOctober Sun 16-Sep-12 21:31:22

We're still up for meeting others locally around Mhead area.

Just started maternity leave smile

lozybelle Tue 16-Oct-12 17:08:36

I'm looking for LGBT parents and carers of all ages to participate in my research project. The focus of my dissertation is on the location choice of LGBT carers when raising families; why do certain cities have a higher proportion of LGBT families compared to other cities? The method is one short questionnaire which is anonymous and all of my research is in accordance with the University of Southampton’s ethics policy. If you are interested in taking part please email lab2g10@soton.ac.uk

Thedarcys Sat 09-Mar-13 16:25:44

Hello,

I know this is an old thread but wondering if any of you still meet up as we have just moved to Holmer Green and we are hoping there are some other 'rainbow families' in the area.

We have a 23 month old son and are hoping to increase our family next year.

Hope to hear from you

Lynn and amber x

KarateChopper Sun 14-Apr-13 11:29:25

Hi, I have recently started a social networking website for all us LGBT parents to make it easier for us to meet other like-minded people

http://lesbiangayparents.ning.com

We have an events page as well as forums, and you are more than welcome to use it as base for organising meet-ups/events.
Pop along and have a look - it's free :-)
Claire

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now