Gays Mums in Glasgow

(39 Posts)
bla024 Mon 02-May-11 20:14:39

Hi, my partner and I are wanting to start a family and we were looking for a support group in Glasgow but so far we haven't found any. We'd be interested in talking to any gay parents, or couples thinking of becoming parents, in the Glasgow area who would be happy to share their experience and give us any advice. Thanks!

PeachMelba78 Thu 05-May-11 15:42:33

Hi my wife and I are based in Glasgow and we have a 6 month old son. I would be happy to speak to you about our experience!

galaxy11 Mon 09-May-11 11:05:24

Hello there. My partner and I are moving to Glasgow in a couple of weeks! We have a nearly-3-year-old daughter and would love to get in touch with other gay families. Are there any Scottish meet-ups? Seems we're a bit thin on the ground?! smile

chris70 Wed 18-May-11 20:14:41

Hi there,

Welcome to Glasgow hope you are settling in.

My partner and I live in Glasgow with our 2 sons, 4yrs and 2yrs, we only know one other couple with a wee boy just outside Glasgow and would like to get to know other families.

If you fancy meeting up once you have settled in that would be great. Does anyone else know of a group that meets in Glasgow ? or would fancy meeting up ? smile

scaryfairy28 Fri 20-May-11 18:42:42

My partner and I are in Dundee and have one DD who is 1 week old I know there used to be a group in Edinburgh but it seems to have stopped if there was a group meeting up in central Scotland we would travel for it.

jasper1980 Fri 20-May-11 20:48:47

We have a dd and a ds who are 2 and 4. Not in Glasgow but would be up for meeting up if folk were up for it smile

weemc1971 Tue 21-Jun-11 22:46:14

Hope you ladies are still using this thread as I too would love to catch up.y partner and I have 3 kids and are in Glasgow please get in touch

Glittergrrrl Sun 26-Jun-11 23:43:42

hello ladies!

i'm from dundee, my partner and i are having our civil ceremony next august and hoping to start a family soon after!

i would really like to meet with some of you :-)

LouGlasgow Fri 08-Jul-11 22:12:35

Hi Everyone,
My partner and I live in Glasgow with our little boy who has just turned one. We'd definately be interested in meeting with other gay families. Let us know if anyone is thinking of organising a meet-up or group.
Louise.
ps congrats on the new arrival scaryfairy - hope you are settling in to parenthood!!

scaryfairy28 Sat 09-Jul-11 09:51:18

We're settling into parenthood very well thanks, she's amazing wondering where the last two months have gone!!

weemc1971 Sat 09-Jul-11 19:52:11

Sounds like there are alot of people who would like a wee meet up so let's try get one sorted. Could you post days your free and where you all stay so we can get somewhere easy for every one.
Mary

weemc1971 Sat 09-Jul-11 19:52:58

I am from cardonald in Glasgow
Am free mon with kids and thur kid free

LouGlasgow Sat 09-Jul-11 21:50:53

Sounds good - is there any way to do a group private message? I'm new to mums net and a bit confused by it!! Or if you PM me your email addresses I could send round a group email and we could arrange a time, date and place? We are based in the West End but happy to travel. I'm working fulltime so would need to be a weekend for us.

That's great scaryfairy - I'm wondering where the past 12 months have gone!! It's an amazing journey - things change so fast!!

LouGlasgow Sat 09-Jul-11 21:52:52

ps meant to say - more than happy to share our experience with anyone - just PM any questions!

galaxy11 Thu 28-Jul-11 14:17:18

Hello all. I don't know where the last 2 months have gone! We're feeling quite settled in Glasgow now, and would definitely like to meet up. Weekends best if my partner's to join - 13 or 14 Aug a possibility. Will PM you Louise (we're also in the West End...).

MadsnLen Fri 19-Aug-11 23:04:22

Hi All, Did you guys organise a meetup? If there is another one we would love to come. We have a son 21 months old and moved to Glasgow a couple of months ago. We're in Parkhead and don't know anyone here so if there is a lesbian parent group please let us know when and where. Thanks!

Alamedian Sun 21-Aug-11 07:38:12

Hi there my wife and I are currently living in California, although I am originally from Glasgow. We are planning to move back to Scotland with our 4 month old daughter and I was just wondering how gay life with children is? Is it accepted for the most part? I have been living in California ( San Francisco) for 17 years . Any info would be greatly appreciated!

scaryfairy28 Thu 25-Aug-11 07:47:06

Mad - I'd pm Louise if you haven't already the meet up is arranged but not passed.

Can't help with how friendly Glasgow is but we haven't had any issues in Dundee which I find is usually a bit behind Glasgow.

I have a whole day to kill myself with dd in Glasgow on saturday any ideas what we can do? Thinking shopping and riverside museum or will it still be really busy?

ScaryFairy28 Sat 27-Aug-11 18:49:04

www.facebook.com/groups/268079443220567
ive set up this group if anyone is interested.

HollyWillow Fri 16-Sep-11 10:47:31

Hi everyone.
My girlfriend and I are currently not parents but we are looking for advice and any information from lesbian parents who have already gone through the different processes to conceive or adopt their kids.
We'd just like some information for the future so we know what to expect and what we are looking towards.
In Glasgow we can't seem to find much support and we don't currently know any gay parents.

Thanks smile

greenghirl Sun 25-Sep-11 19:08:24

hi

i have a 2 year old son just joined me end of july...just looking for a play group or organised playdays ... cause i just cant do the local gossip group ... is there anything organised out there .... lesbian great ...but id settle for non-judgemental progressive types...

cheers

greeny

redhare Thu 29-Sep-11 23:24:03

Wow - hello all... its great to see there is life out there! smile
I live in Glasgow and have two children of 6yrs and 4 yrs. I tried to find a group when I returned from Glasgow (having been abroad for a few years) but was unsuccessful. Edinburgh Rainbow Parents meet regularly at the LGBT centre there but in Glasgow it remains difficult to make contact, in my experience.
I would LOVE to meet up with other lesbian/gay parents in and around Glasgow. Was there a get together organised in the summer?
I clicked onto the Facebook link but its not working.
Anyway, if anyone is really interested I would like to try and organise a day one weekend if its not already in operation.
All the best,
redhare

ScaryFairy28 Sat 01-Oct-11 04:16:46

Drop me a message with your email and I'll add you to the fb group.

angelsue Thu 06-Oct-11 14:19:10

Hi, my partner Angela and I would like to join in the group we are just about to start IUI at the royal infirmary and would like to meet other couples who have similar stories and children.

Thanks

Suz

angelsue Thu 06-Oct-11 14:19:45

Sorry should have said my email address is susan.mcaneney@ntlworld.com xx

greenghirl Sun 09-Oct-11 14:21:31

people palace and the glasshouse over in shawlands are pretty good kids places ... or an organised soft playday ... be great if this could happen anyday being selfish im off work just now ... but i guess for those not weekends equally as exciting ...

xx

greenghirl Sun 09-Oct-11 21:42:16

im so so so bad at internet technical computing stuff ... can folk please be gentle with me ...

ta greeny

xx

hoobajoob Fri 21-Oct-11 15:21:30

Hi, I just found this thread. I'm a mum of one (boy aged 7), and have a girlfriend. Is there anything happening around Glasgow?

lala222 Wed 02-Nov-11 22:11:08

Hi, my partner Fiona and i are expecting our first child on 22 November. We would be very interested in attending any groups available for lesbian/gay parents in glasgow or through these pages.

thanks for reading

lynsey x

lala222 Wed 02-Nov-11 22:22:56

hi scaryfairy28. i would like to join your facebook group. my email address is lynseylaird@btinternet.com

thanks

Lynsey x

annarosiecain Sat 05-Nov-11 10:27:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

motherinferior Sat 05-Nov-11 10:30:22

Hi you lot - just to say I think it is not a madly good idea to have your email addresses out here on the interweb (not because you're lesbians, just for general privacy reasons!) so can I suggest you ask to get them deleted and/or pm each other? MI

ScaryFairy28 Wed 09-Nov-11 20:00:01

Thanks for the though MI maybe best to PM me if folk want added. If I've missed adding anyone please PM me lala I'm having trouble adding you but will try again.

LouGlasgow Fri 11-Nov-11 11:48:52

Wow - there has been so much activity on this page - I hadn't realised!! That's great that you have been checking is SF!! We have had one successful meet so far and one planned for this weekend. We have a Facebook Page (called Gay Mums Scotland) - it's a secret group as some of the mums were concerned about having their names linked to it and the kids safety comes first - so you can't search it - but if you PM me or ScaryFairy28 we can add you to it smile I've also set-up a generic email address glasgaymums@gmail.com if you want to make contact with the group and aren't on facebook.

GillyWillyWooWoo Sun 27-Nov-11 20:32:20

Hi all. I tried to get on to the facebook page which had apparently been set up for Glasow gay mums but the link was invalid. Does one exist?
Thanks!

ScaryFairy28 Fri 02-Dec-11 21:54:39

It does but it's now private so pm me your email address and I'll get you added. If one of the other ladies hasn't already been in touch.

HazelJLK Wed 28-Dec-11 08:00:55

Me and her indoors have a wee one who has just turned 2 last week and have another on the way. Going to email my email to be added to the group. Have loved reading the thread and just joined so i could post this. Its nice to know of all the families out there like mine.

RainbowFamilyFinder Tue 21-Aug-12 13:40:11

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MarcoRios Wed 12-Mar-14 01:21:24

Hello:

I am Dr. Marco Antonio Rios, I am currently a posgraduate student at Glasgow University. I am conducting a dissertation study about homoparental families. I found your group online and I would really like to have the opportunity to contact some of the parents that attend to the meetings.
The study includes a survey/interview with the parents about their general opinions about LGBT parenthood and is completely anonymous.
Being a gay man in a committed relationship with future plans for adoption I know this is a delicate subject but I also know there are not many groups like yours in Scotland so I would really appreciate any kind of help you can provide, being the contact details of agreeing parents or maybe the opportunity to introduce myself in one of your meetings.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards.
Dr. Marco Antonio Rios.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now