Plastic shed on grass?

(4 Posts)
WhenTheXetasFillTheSky Sat 17-Sep-16 13:46:24

I've recently moved to a rented house and I own a plastic shed (with base). There is nowhere in the garden to put the shed other than on grass (generally flatish). I'm reluctant to make any changes as I don't know how long I'll be here.

I've heard putting sheds on grass is a big no no but just wondering what would actually happen if I did do this?

VioletBam Sat 17-Sep-16 14:44:27

Well the grass will die but it can be re-seeded or re-turfed. It's not a disaster....how long have you signed up for in the house at the moment?

WhenTheXetasFillTheSky Sat 17-Sep-16 14:56:28

Only on a 6 month AST but would like to stay here. I appreciate that the grass may die and did ask the agents if I could put a shed in the garden and they said no problem.

shovetheholly Mon 19-Sep-16 13:50:00

The only issue I can think of is that I did hear that plastic sheds can get a bit damp inside - and maybe being on grass would exacerbate that? However, you can get beam things (technical term grin ) that you put on the ground and stand sheds on.

It sounds like it would be worth your while giving it a go, since you already own the shed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now