OMG!!! What was this?

(9 Posts)
absolute3 Fri 12-Aug-16 11:09:09

Just stepped into garden to see a long shiny pink 'worm' thicker than normal and longer. It was moving fast and I'm petrified to say the least. It was about an inch in thickness. Please no pictures I'm already a nervous wreck

Buscake Fri 12-Aug-16 11:11:49

Sloe worm?

PolterGoose Fri 12-Aug-16 11:15:04

Was it a sort of bronze colour?

absolute3 Fri 12-Aug-16 11:17:07

I was so scared but think it was pink maybe orange ish but shiny

PolterGoose Fri 12-Aug-16 11:19:43

Probably slow worm glistening. They're very beautiful and nothing to worry about. They'll eat the slugs which is always a bonus smile

absolute3 Fri 12-Aug-16 11:21:51

Thanks I wish I could think like you. It sounds pathetic but I can't stop shaking I hate anything like this now I'm too scared to leave my house

Ifailed Fri 12-Aug-16 11:25:33

Did it look like this? If so, think yourself lucky, it's a slow worm, and they are a protected species.

Ifailed Fri 12-Aug-16 11:26:52

PS, there's a good video of one on wikipedia which you could check out to compare?

PaintedDrivesAndPolishedGrass Fri 12-Aug-16 11:27:21

The poor thing is now under a bush, on Wormsnet, posting an IABU to slither across this patch of land whilst minding my own business or posting a pic of themselves asking Am I hideous? Other worms will be replying, ' No Hun, you are gorgeous, look how slim you are, look at the shine on your skin'grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now