Greenhouse/potting shed dilemma

(4 Posts)
yellowDahlia Tue 09-Aug-16 08:58:21

I'm getting ready to buy my first greenhouse! Can't wait.

I've earmarked a large area at the bottom of the garden, where I already have some raised beds - it measures approx 20ft x 15ft, and I have a budget of £1000 approx.

I'm trying to decide though if it would be better to buy a small/medium greenhouse and a small potting shed (for potting and storage of tools, pots etc) or just a large greenhouse. With maybe the option of a v small tool shed beside.

Wwyd? If you have a greenhouse do you store stuff in it anyway? Do/would you find it helpful to have a separate area for this? Or do you have it but wish you had a bigger greenhouse??
Help me decide how best to maximise the space and the budget!

yellowDahlia Tue 09-Aug-16 18:51:20

Bumping for any evening gardeners smile

Ferguson Wed 10-Aug-16 20:29:35

I think a quick answer would be to have a greenhouse as large as you can afford, and can accommodate - no matter how big it is, in the future you may wish you had more room.

You can do potting in a greenhouse if you have staging or a table, but probably not a good place for storing tools as will always be damp to some extent.

yellowDahlia Wed 10-Aug-16 21:28:37

Thanks ferguson, I think I'm inclined towards the larger greenhouse, as everything I read says you'll always outgrow it and wish you had a bigger one!

Also we do have a shed already, it's just quite full and at the other side of the garden. But perhaps I need to clean it out a bit and be prepared to shuttle to and fro!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now