Cheapest place to buy compost?

(9 Posts)
dataandspot Wed 29-Jun-16 16:27:13

I bet someone knows!

Thankyou!

ClarkL Wed 29-Jun-16 17:12:21

I am sure people have often suggested their local tip as they use the recycled garden waste. I haven't tried it myself, I prefer to get millions of plug plants in the post, swear and panic because I don't have any compost and spend a small fortune at where ever is closest and open

MummyBtothree Wed 29-Jun-16 17:15:23

We get ours from B & M Bargains, thats where we've found it the cheapest, or Asda usually have it this time of year at the bigger stores.

JT05 Wed 29-Jun-16 18:23:30

Lots of garden centres and DIY stores do 3 for £10. It seems to be the cheapest, if you can transport it.

wibblewobble8 Wed 29-Jun-16 18:46:35

We use our local recycling station, just roll up with a trailor or heavy duty plastic sacks. The maximum is supposed to be 3 sacks but no one seems to mind if you take more than this as there seems to be a plentiful supply.

LBOCS2 Wed 29-Jun-16 18:56:26

In my local area it's B&Q, it i can't be bothered to go to the tip waste recycling centre to collect bags of it.

PopGoesTheWeaz Wed 29-Jun-16 22:21:08

the stuff at the recycling center is the best compost I've found though. Garden center bags, even the "good stuff" just seems like ash in comparison.
We get a ton delivered every other year or so from the local landscaping company. It works out at about the same price as the bags but again, much better quality.

dataandspot Fri 01-Jul-16 11:16:08

Thankyou for the replies. I get rid of my green waste at the tip but I haven't seen compost for sale there.

PopGoesTheWeaz Mon 04-Jul-16 12:26:16

to clarify, there are two tips I can go to. One sells bags - same as you'd get at garden center, maybe slightly cheaper but I'm not sure. The other gets a container load of loose compost and you are able to help yourself to three bags worth. That is the good stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now