why do sad people rob your grey bin

(7 Posts)
sammyjayneex Mon 23-May-16 17:32:47

After bin collection this week I found out some sad fucker robbed my grey bin. Apparently I have to £20 for a replacement even though it wasn't my fault. They expect me to sit at my window with a pair of binoculars Watching over my bin. I have a life. It's clear others don't.
So anoooyyed angry

shovetheholly Mon 23-May-16 17:36:01

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/hatton-garden-heist-video-shows-jewellery-stolen-using-wheelie-bins-a6757301.html

Just sayin'.

PigletJohn Mon 23-May-16 17:44:31

I used non-drip oil-based gloss paint and a half-inch brush to put my number and address comprehensively over the top, front, back and sides of my bin after a neighbour mentioned having one pinched. My handwriting got quite neat by the time I'd finished.

sammyjayneex Mon 23-May-16 18:18:13

I actually burnt how number of my bin in the lid with a hot knife so it will still be on there. I might go on a bin hunt on the next collection day and take back what's mine lol. I refuse to
Pay for another bin!

Tiggeryoubastard Mon 23-May-16 18:23:10

We don't have grey bins here. Are they more desirable?

Tiggeryoubastard Mon 23-May-16 18:23:51

^ that was meant to have a grin

sammyjayneex Mon 23-May-16 18:29:28

Lol we have 4 bins, blue ( to recycle paper/cardboard) brown (recycles glass and plastics) green (recycles garden stuff like grass bushes ect) and the grey bin is for other household waste that can't be recycled. The other bins are free so people can get a new one no problem but grey you have to pay £20 if it's stolen and this is the main bin people use that's why we go mad when it's gone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now