Campanula or imposter?

(4 Posts)
CabbagePatchCheryl Tue 17-May-16 12:45:29

Hi all. Novice gardener/idiot here so please don't laugh at me.

Last year I planted a nice campanula persicifola (like the one in pic 1) but over the winter I didn't pay much attention to what was happening to it. Now the enormous beastie in pic 2 has sprung up and whilst it looks a lot like the same plant its much more densely leafed and not yet showing signs of flowering.

Do you think I've just been unlucky enough to have an incredibly similar weed take over my nice plant? Or is it the original campanula and it's just very healthy?

shovetheholly Tue 17-May-16 14:03:05

Ooof, that's a toughie! I think it might be the same plant, but not 100% sure. Hopefully someone who knows it a bit better will come along and confirm/deny!

I don't think it looks like a weed!

CabbagePatchCheryl Tue 17-May-16 16:06:13

Thanks! I have been looking through pictures of common garden weeds and can't find anything. Maybe it is the same plant and I'm just doubting my gardening skills. I can't quite believe I may have actually grown something!

shovetheholly Tue 17-May-16 16:36:12

grin It's a nice feeling, isn't it! We should have some kind of floral award for it!! Milestone moment and all that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now