What's this?

(6 Posts)
FlightofFancy Thu 12-May-16 14:41:44

Photo attached.

It seems to be a) massively invasive and b) in a battle with moss to see which takes over my whole garden first...

Has yellow flowers later in summer and one of those root systems that breaks into a thousand pieces when you try to get it out.

Garden is hilly and semi woodland if that helps.

Thanks!

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Thu 12-May-16 14:45:30

Ooo, I love moss. Have you done any moss graffiti??

Clicked on your thread hoping to see a pretty caterpillar or something. Don't actually know much about gardening.

🌱

bookbook Thu 12-May-16 14:47:01

It looks like Hypericum Calycinum Rose of Sharon -
gets everywhere!

FlightofFancy Thu 12-May-16 14:53:57

That's the one! It's something people buy?!!
Why?!!

Will continue to wage war against it. Typically it's in amongst stuff I want to keep, and some bits seem to be keeping the garden from slipping down the hill.

I like the idea of moss graffiti - and suspect I know a 6 year old who would too!

shovetheholly Thu 12-May-16 15:04:14

YES IT IS bloody hypericum! I am currently trying to eradicate one from my garden and LOSING. Mine's the old-fashioned kind that flowers for about 2 minutes and looks crap the rest of the year. There are much nicer and more modern ones - book has a lovely one with a long flowering season, of which I am enormously jealous!

bookbook Thu 12-May-16 15:14:27

shove - DH gave it an immense chop in autumn , ( down by about half!) so hoping it flowers this year. Its looking really healthy though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now