Is anyone a member of Kew Gardens?

(4 Posts)
WriteforFun1 Tue 10-May-16 17:11:20

hi all
sorry this post isn't about gardening but it struck me as a better place to ask than Chat etc...

I was looking at becoming a member and the guest thing confused me. It says you have to be a family member or live in partner, essentially. But there can't be a way to police this surely? A sibling might not have the same surname and wouldn't have the same address - so how would they know if you were taking a sibling or a friend or whoever?

It doesn't make a huge amount of difference to me as I would mostly go on my own - it just struck me as odd. I've had gallery memberships before and there's usually just an option for "individual" or "individual + guest". Their website says something about HMRC rules which confused me even more!

I've actually not been in winter either, if anyone knows what it's like at that time I'd be interested to know.

Thanks.

Lules Tue 10-May-16 17:13:01

I've gone many times as a guest and no-one ever said anything. Didn't even know this was the rule

Callmejudith Tue 10-May-16 17:13:03

I'm a member and they never ever ask guests to verify who they are!

WriteforFun1 Tue 10-May-16 17:14:57

wow, speediest replies ever! Thanks. That's good to know - so it's not completely beyond possible to take a friend. I wouldn't even think to take ID to a garden, I don't habitually carry any with me as I don't drive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now