Summer flowers

(9 Posts)
Chippychop Wed 13-Apr-16 06:41:58

Should I be planting bulbs or plants now for Summer flowers? I m after perennials not annuals

shovetheholly Wed 13-Apr-16 07:37:12

Yes! Absolutely! You're a tiny bit late to plant some (late spring/early summer alliums, for instance), but for stuff that is mid/late summer you're bang on.

Most hardy perennials should thrive if planted about now.

JapanNextYear Wed 13-Apr-16 07:44:39

Thompson and Morgan had a perennial off er on (other outlets are available) I'll try and link. They arrive as plug plants do you have to pot them on and look after them a bit.
www.thompson-morgan.com/flowers/flower-plants/perennial-and-biennial-plants/perennial-best-value-collection/t47606TM

LBOCS2 Wed 13-Apr-16 08:22:04

I'm quite into bulbs at the moment and both Aldi and Sainsburys have their summer flowering bulbs in, which are for planting between March-May. It's my plan for today, in fact!

applecatchers36 Wed 13-Apr-16 08:37:04

There were some nice mixed anenome bulbs in Lidls, a few quid for 25 bulbs for planting now.

Chippychop Wed 13-Apr-16 11:14:51

Ive got to do a supermarket shop today anyway so I'll pop in and have a look (via the garden centresmile

HaveYouSeenHerLately Wed 13-Apr-16 11:42:17

Morrisons have a nice selection for £2 a pack. I've bought some hollyhocks and gladioli smile

vichill Wed 13-Apr-16 14:33:05

My garden is a work in progress (writeoff) so i just dig over chunks of it and throw down a wildflower mix at this time of year . Looks glorious and i get hundreds of bees.

applecatchers36 Wed 13-Apr-16 15:22:34

Lidls also has quite large clematis for £3.99 looks good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now