Good value terracotta pots?

(7 Posts)
NigellasGuest Wed 10-Jun-15 12:38:33

I'm getting to the stage where I have more plants than pots - I like to avoid plastic but terracotta or other alternatives are soooooo pricey in the garden centre! Even when they are reduced, they are really expensive if you want more than one or two reasonably sized ones.

Does anyone know where they can be bought more reasonably? Any suggestions please?

MyNightWithMaud Wed 10-Jun-15 21:57:21

Ebay is your friend here. People who are moving house often have a garden clear-out. I have got some lovely pots that way - cheap and (even better) nicely weathered without that orange tone of new terracotta.

EmNetta Mon 15-Jun-15 00:06:43

I've just two terracotta planters still in one piece after 20-odd years, both purchased from a small local pottery and not cheap but quite reasonable.
Others bought later (potter moved away) are in varied stages of chipped collapse, and I've no plans to replace them with similar in the future, not even bargains from supermarkets.

Hornydilemma Mon 15-Jun-15 00:48:44

Ikea do lovely huge terracotta pots for €6 with saucers for €2 (here in Dublin). I am in the process of losing small pots gradually & replacing with the Ikea monsters - they fit several plants and there is much less watering.

Hornydilemma Mon 15-Jun-15 00:52:11

Just found this one - it's even bigger than the ones I currently have.

Tapasfairy Mon 15-Jun-15 06:58:31

I have lots of terracotta ( painted) lots of ceramic and this year have added some plastic pots. They are huge and cost £6 each. Nice and bright and actually look really good. To buy the equivalent in ceramic £40. Not good when you want seven for a shady area.
After being quite snobby about plastic I'm quite pleased.

NigellasGuest Wed 17-Jun-15 11:42:46

I've now seen a few possibilities on Ebay! Ikea didn't occur to me... off to look there now (online I hasten to add - I'm not keen enough to dash off to my nearest branch just yet)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now