Can you identify this plant (photo)

(9 Posts)
Rjae Sat 23-May-15 10:13:15

Weed or plant. There are 2 of them and I can't remember planting them. 0.5 height and spread
Tia

nettie Sat 23-May-15 11:15:08

No idea, but my neighbour has it in his garden and it is now in mine!

LettuceLaughton Sat 23-May-15 11:20:38

Looks like creeping buttercup to me

Mouthfulofquiz Sat 23-May-15 11:26:35

I can't see the flowers that well - not a Welsh poppy? If it is a buttercup then they do look pretty but ultimately they have to go!

HagOtheNorth Sat 23-May-15 11:39:38

I second creeping buttercup, and it's a weed. I don't mind it in the lawn, but I dig it out everywhere else.

Mouthfulofquiz Sat 23-May-15 12:12:53

I always feel a bit bad digging them out because they are actually quite pretty. But they spread like hell!
I've got a shady spot next to the shed that is all buttercups and Welsh poppies mingling in together. It does look nice so maybe I will leave them for a few more days...

RoosterCogburn Sat 23-May-15 13:32:21

Creeping buttercup, one of the banes of my life.
The first year we lived in this house I left it because it looked pretty (and I didn't know what it was) I have lived to regret it!

Rjae Sat 23-May-15 16:19:05

Thanks everyone. It's getting dug up today, roots and all! The flowers are very buttercup like so I think it is that. No idea wher it came from. Probably next door along with the raspberry brambles and no doubt soon the bamboo grin

Primafacie Tue 26-May-15 08:14:22

Thanks OP for posting this, I had the same question! Have dug the lot out now. I think I've got the same neighbour as you! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now