Asiatic Lily help needed

(7 Posts)
TheFlyingFauxPas Fri 22-May-15 10:41:40

Hi wiser than me Mumsnetting gardeners. Yesterday I bought 2 Asiatic Lily pots from Homebase. They were reduced to £1.75 each but I thought they were still to flower. Now I'm not sure if these are flower buds or post flowering seed heads confused I know they come back year after year so I've not completely wasted my money but was hoping for some value this year - I already have 3 pots of faithfuls who turn up year after year but I think they're another type and they haven't even thought of flowering yet. I've attached picture for diagnosis - Please help!! struggling with pic. hang on!

funnyperson Fri 22-May-15 13:03:47

they shouldnt have flowered yet as it is still a bit early for lilies. feed and water and place in the sun and check for lily beetles.

wowfudge Fri 22-May-15 23:32:40

I have some from last year - they are just coming up now with low level leaves. They probably won't flower until July.

TheFlyingFauxPas Sun 24-May-15 00:57:58

Encouraging thank you smile

CointreauVersial Sun 24-May-15 01:06:47

Mine are also still in bud. And come up year after year. Sounds like you got a good deal.

TheFlyingFauxPas Fri 05-Jun-15 09:15:15

Hurrah! They're flower buds smile

funnyperson Sat 06-Jun-15 05:39:25

Brilliant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now