For my all white garden

confused - apple trees have white blossom - obviously green apples

Any other white fruits?

tealady Mon 24-Mar-14 16:24:58
ThingsThatGoBumpInTheNight Mon 24-Mar-14 16:25:28

Mistletoe?
Just didn't want to leave you without answers lol

That's very pretty tealady smile

But I'm looking for food I can eat, should have said that.

tealady Mon 24-Mar-14 16:35:04

ahh - how about white currant then? although I'm not sure what colour the flowers are though..

Stoneinwelly Mon 24-Mar-14 17:38:17

Are you being v.v. Strict because I find apple blossom a v.pinky white. Pear tree blossom is much whiter maybe with some white roses climbing through to extend the interest!

I've just ordered 250 quids worth of climbing roses blush

Yes, I think pear and apple are my best starting point. I really want a white cherry ? But I think the blossom for white cherries is pink?

KatyMac Mon 24-Mar-14 18:13:01

I've had cloudberry jam when in Sweden& Ithink they are white (ish)

Umm I can't think of a lot white - can't you have green fruit as that will match the leaves?

Monkeyandanimal Mon 24-Mar-14 18:13:56

davidia involucrata has amazing white bracts; handkerchief tree. lots of cherries have white blossom too, as well as plums and damsons.

yegodsandlittlefishes Mon 24-Mar-14 18:18:10

White magnolia is lovely. I walked passed one today and you've reminded me to look up what it is because I've always admired them in other people's gardens and want to get one.

yegodsandlittlefishes Mon 24-Mar-14 18:18:52

You can get plum trees with beautiful white blossom.

yegodsandlittlefishes Mon 24-Mar-14 18:20:29

Sorry missed the food part! White raspberries?
(they're called something else but they do grow well, we had them in a previous garden.)

yegodsandlittlefishes Mon 24-Mar-14 18:22:47

White grape (vines are great over a pergola)
Pear

Capitola Mon 24-Mar-14 18:37:20

We have a cherry called 'the Bride'. Gorgeous white blossom.

I love the idea of an all white garden smile

Monkeyandanimal Mon 24-Mar-14 20:50:02

Yeah, sorry, missed the food part too! Not many edible fruits are white, are they?!

yegodsandlittlefishes Tue 25-Mar-14 00:56:16

I think snowberries are poisonous so I'd avoid those and anything resembling them even if edible (as snowberries are more common in uk than cludberries, and wouldn't want small children growing up thinking they are edible, when not. Am thinking of future owners of property.)

Rhubarbgarden Tue 25-Mar-14 08:28:52

White mulberry? You could have a silk farm on the side wink

jessplussomeonenew Sat 12-Apr-14 09:31:24

Just spotted a white strawberry called Pineberry in the J Parkers catalogue - white fruit (apparently with a pineapple taste) with tiny red seeds. I don't know about the flower colour but they might be good in your white garden.

ShoeWhore Sat 12-Apr-14 09:52:14

Are green apples not ok? Hard to totally avoid green in a garden!

My plum tree has pretty white blossom but of course the plums are purple.
I also have an ornamental pear which has stunning white blossom (but no fruit) - pyrus chanticleer.
Bear in mind that whatever you choose, the leaves may turn red in autumn!

ShoeWhore Sat 12-Apr-14 09:58:23

Have you tried the RHS plant selector? I think you can specify flower/fruit colour.

Gooseberries?

Gooseberries?

Stokey Wed 16-Apr-14 16:20:08

Don't know if you're still looking? Our quince tree has lovely white blossom atm but obviously not white fruit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now