Where to buy spring bulbs?

(11 Posts)
buttonsforbreakfast Sun 10-Nov-13 16:20:46

I had plans for planting up some pots and borders with the usual suspects, but my usual cheapy shops (poundland etc) don't have any - I think I might have missed them! I've never bought plants online before - I'm a bargain corner/pinch from other gardeners kinda gal grin Can anyone point me in the direction for bargain bulbs I can buy now, either online or in the shops?
Thanks!

mamacoffee Sun 10-Nov-13 19:43:43

Following- I'm in the same predicament!

CMOTDibbler Sun 10-Nov-13 19:45:45

My dad swears by Van Meuwen as they always have so many special offers so you get free stuff

WynkenBlynkenandNod Sun 10-Nov-13 19:52:20

I like Van Meuwen with their offers but also use J Parkers (just for bulbs not plants) and I know people rate Spaldings. Tried to link them but can't right now, sorry.

buttonsforbreakfast Sun 10-Nov-13 20:37:28

Thanks - I'm off for an online spending spree smile

WynkenBlynkenandNod Sun 10-Nov-13 20:45:18

Just remember you need to plant them and don't go too mad. I've put in a good few hundred recently and was congratulating myself on the last lot of tulips earlier when I realised I have another offer that hadn't arrived yet, another couple of hundred <rubs stiff back and neck>

buttonsforbreakfast Sun 10-Nov-13 20:53:52

Ha yes - I also need to remember what and where I planted last year! (I don't need daffs or crocuses, so alliums, fritillaria and snowdrops are on my list!)

WynkenBlynkenandNod Sun 10-Nov-13 21:00:28

I keep digging things up ! Here's a link for some free bulbs if you use Van Meuwen. Think it still works.

buttonsforbreakfast Sun 10-Nov-13 21:16:07

Thanks for that - looks like it still works!

mamacoffee Mon 11-Nov-13 01:02:35

I just found a free delivery code forvan meuwen VMPCP5Z its for bulbs n plants!

buttonsforbreakfast Mon 11-Nov-13 13:46:01

I think my laptop decided against my spending spree as the battery died when I got to the van meuwen checkout last night! So a trip to homebase this morning resulted in bogof on their bulbs (not much left but I found snowdrops, crocuses, alliums and fritillaria) plus some 50p plants in the bargain corner which hopefully will cheer up in the spring!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now